Consultancy at Tanzania League of the Blind (TLB) November, 2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR CONDUCTING TLB/TAS/ZANAB PROJECT EVALUATION
1. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Tanzania League of the Blind (TLB) in partnership with Tanzania Albinism Society (TAS) and Zanzibar National Association of the Blind (ZANAB) are implementing a five-year joint project called “advocacy for the access of quality inclusive education and health care services to persons with visual impairment and those with albinism). This project started in 2018 and it is implemented in the nine districts (six district in mainland and three districts in Zanzibar).
The project has three objectives which are:
- Increase the enrolment rate of children with visual impairment and those with albinism in the project area,
- Advocate for the provision of quality health care services to persons with disabilities including those with visual impairment and those with albinism, and
- Capacity building to all organizations.
- Since this project is coming to end, the three partners are intending to conduct evaluation to assess where the project went well and where the project did not go well.
2. Objectives of the Project evaluation
The main purpose of the project evaluation is to assess the implementation of the project, strengths, and weaknesses during the implementation and to assess the objectives V.S results.
3.1 For the consultant:
- Final report of the evaluation,
- Technical Work plan,
- Financial proposal.
- Provide logistical issues
The consultant shall prepare and submit both technical proposal and financial proposal for this assignment. The technical proposal should include among other things: Background and context of the assignment, Consultants’ Profile, Proposed Methodologies, Deliverables, Activities, and Implementation Plan. The final report shall be sent not later than 20th November 2022.
TLB/TAS/ZANAB shall avail all required documents to the Consultant for evaluation. The final report remains the property of three organizations which are TLB TAS and ZANAB. The Consultant will not divulge any information related to three organizations to any third party without getting the written consent from leaders
The Terms of Reference shall enter into force upon signing of the contract and shall thereafter be valid for the period stated in the contract and/or until further notice with a mutual notice period.
7. Fees and Mode of Payment
Fees shall be paid in installment based on agreed deliverables and contract. The consultant is required to prepare and submit both technical and financial proposals to the TLB Secretary General via firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com by 10th November, 2022.