Project Manager; Technology Projects (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office, Hq
To supervise all technology projects and the activities of vendors and suppliers, including developing effective programs to meet operational and legal requirements.
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management through organisation of project definition workshops and subsequent production of the project initiation document.
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements
- Facilitate development and approval of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Divide the project into logical work streams and assign ownership to relevant departments
- Negotiate with senior and executive management for allocation of relevant resources from their respective departments
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Chair the project working committee and act as secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on on-going basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary
- Monitor progress against project plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations
- Facilitate development of the testing strategy and plan; development of test cases and scenarios and facilitate training of the testing team
- Recruit test managers and supervise their work throughout the acceptance testing stage; organise availability of relevant testing resources; Plan and manage all logistics associated with the acceptance testing phase
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on appropriate project benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation
- Understanding of banking processes and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding of banking operations.
- Experience in implementation of banking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure environment.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in multi-national cultures and working styles.
- Excellent report writing skills
- PC literate with excellent working knowledge of all relevant project software.
- Holder of a University Degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Project Management, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE, SCRUM, PMP, etc. SCRUM certification will be an added advantage
- Sound Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 4 years' experience.
- Experience in working with development teams, understanding of software development lifecycle and software development costing will be added advantage
Job opening date : 24-Nov-2022
Job closing date : 08-Dec-2022