Job Vacancies at UDSM 2022 The University of Dar es Salaam is a public university in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It was established in 1961 as an affiliate college of the University of London. The university became an affiliate of the University of East Africa in 1963, shortly after Tanzania gained its independence from the United Kingdom. In 1970, UEA split into three independent universities: Makerere University in Uganda, the University of Nairobi in Kenya, and the University of Dar es Salaam.
The University of Dar es Salaam invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill a vacant post of a Hotel Manager.
JOB TITTLE:HOTEL MANAGER
Manage, and transform the hotel to be competitive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administering hotel operations and implementation of hotel activities.
- Controlling Hotel revenue and expenditure.
- Ensuring Hotel standards are adhered.
- Developing Plans and Budgets for the hotel.
- Administering all activities related to upholding hotel standards.
- Marketing the hotel products and services within and outside the country.
- Liaising with the University and other stakeholders on hotel matters.
- Preparation of hotel weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on hotel performance.
- Performing any other related duties as may be directed by the Hotel Board or University Administration.
Key competences: Communication skills, and management skills.
Qualifications: A Bachelor Degree in Tourism or related field of study such as Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Public Administration. A Technician Certificate of Hospitality Operations is an added advantage.
Experience: Must have at least five (5) years working experience of which two
(2) must be in the senior positions in the hospitality or related industry.
Language: Preferably English and Kiswahili.
Age Limit: Must not exceed 50 years of age.
Renumeration: Attractive package.
Terms of Employment: Contract-based renewed based on the performance. Application Requirements: Applicants must enclose application letter, curriculum vitae, and certified true copies of academic credentials.
Application Submission: Applications are submitted online through email@example.com e-mail titled “Application for the Hotel Manager” and should be addressed to
University of Dar es Salaam Business School
P.O. Box 35046 Dar es Salaam.
Application Deadline: 08th December, 2022 1600hrs EAT.