Application Status: Actively Recruiting
Reference code: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/EC/01/22
Are you an excellent communicator? Can you work flexible hours? Do you enjoy working with International visitors? Would you call yourself a master planner who is attentive to details? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading
Who You Are
- You are a natural leader with robust communication skills, particularly in writing and public relations.
- You have extreme attention to detail and can pick out the smallest edits and solve situations in a timely and professional manner.
- You are an event planning guru who loves creating long lasting fun memories to every event organized in supporting the cause.
- You have experience with budget creation and management.
- You have passion for working in the hospitality sector and dedicating your time to reaching customer satisfaction.
- You are very flexible, tolerant and have the ability to deliver quality work even when under pressure.
- You are a true believer in our organization’s mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on an individual, the community and the country.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about creating the best experience for every visitor, proposing positive initiatives to increase the number of visits and ensuring that each visitor departs from the school with a positive image of the school!
- You will ensure that the whole team’s liaison with visitors is kept up to date and conducted in a relaxed, professional and timely manner by managing the Visitors’ team inbox, accommodation and food logistics.
- You will be drafting itineraries for prospective visitors and booking of each visitor activity.
- Organising and allocating team jobs.
- You will be liaising with Academic Leaders and administration teams regarding visitors on campus.
- You will be organising weekly Visitor Team meetings, distribution of the agenda and minutes to discuss Visitor Team issues and upcoming visitors.
- You will be ensuring home packs and giftpacks are prepared for scheduled home visits/visitor requests and stock levels are adequate.
- You will be ensuring that your team members follow procedures.
- Managing team action plans and completing monthly KPI reports for the Experience and Culture Manager.
- Designing and maintaining systems to ensure the smooth running of the team (such as systems to capture visitor details, room bookings, safari details, bus bookings, home packs, filing of emails and documents on the drive & recording details in database and outlook calendar).
- Developing new procedures where needed (such as thank you’ s and follow ups, recording visitor contact information, payment of accounts and photography, information for late arrivals)
- Maintaining the team’s procedure manual.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role at a similar level.
- Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience in Business Administration or tourism holders is preferred (with a 4-point GPA from a reputable University).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
- An energetic and friendly personality with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable and easy going.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Strong time management skills with previous experience managing a small team is an advantage.
- An opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in the lives of thousands of students in Arusha, Tanzania.
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees.
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development.
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days).
- Safe and reliable transport to and from school.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position, please fill out the application form and upload your completed form along with your CV and cover letter to the form on this page.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have any further questions you can head to our FAQ page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 04 Nov, 2022