Country Technology Head
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Req ID 22563510
Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
The Infrastructure Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for driving LAN / WAN and help desk administration strategies, including network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to coordinate, manage and advise a team of professionals on technical and strategic concepts and activities.
- Provide technical oversight across systems and applications, including escalations and resolutions
- Evaluate subordinates’ performance and make recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Communicate interdependencies in and outside of the department as well as across products and projects
- Verify adherence to control/risk standards and processes
- Lead, evaluate, provide resources and drive a team towards realistic goals
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of how areas of Technology Infrastructure contribute to achieving business goals
- Shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contributes to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures which directly impacts the Technology Infrastructure area; influence for resource planning
- Influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in a Technology Infrastructure role with people management experience
- Experience in selected infrastructure technologies (application hosting and/or end user services)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience in a Financial Services or large complex and/or global environment preferred
- Ability to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking and best practices
- Ability to partner with virtual and in-person teams, define goals to a team, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Infrastructure
Time Type: Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting