Teachers 13 posts (Primary/ Nursery) at Hannah Bennie schools Ltd September, 2022
TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION (PRIMARY/ NURSERY)
Hannah Bennie School (HBS) is an English medium private school that offers NECTA curriculum and English medium Nursery curriculum.
A. JOB: PURPOSE
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfil their academic potential. And to promote the aims and objectives of the school as well as maintaining its philosophy of offering quality education for empowerment of its graduates
B. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1.Plan, prepare and deliver teaching and learning activities that facilitate active learning experiences adhering to the subject’s syllabus and lessons plans
- Develop quarterly schemes of work and daily subject specific lesson plans. These will be signed off quarterly for the scheme of work and daily for lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Provide a variety of teaching and learning materials and resources for use in educational activities using Competence – Based Teaching and Learning approach
- Identify each learners learning capabilities and use of appropriate instructional materials and methods to meet diverse learning needs – for quick learners, medium learners, slow learners and those with special needs)
- 2.Monitor pupils’ learning and conduct regular assessments (using Competence-Based assessment) to identify weakness in learning, determine the nature of support required and plan for remedial actions.
- Observe and evaluate pupils acquired competences, performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback on all pupils’ learning activities and work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual learners
- 3. Supervise pupils’ learning activities/actions
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and aids
- Prepare appropriate students reports including monthly reports, terminal reports, annual progress reports and records for the transfer of pupils when requested
- 4. Maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and
safeguarding their safety bearing in mind that safety is a
responsibility of everyone (taking reasonable care of self and others
and complying with the Schools pupils’ safeguarding policy and learning
capability policy and other related frameworks
- Manage student behaviors in the classroom and in the school at large by enforcing school rules, procedures and other related frameworks
- Maintain order and discipline as per the school rules and disciplinary procedures
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures and referrals to the Head Teacher and the school administration where appropriate
- 5. Support the Head Teacher and the School administration at large in promoting the ethos/tenets of the school
- To be part of the whole school development team, actively involved in decision making and ensuring the school policies and guidelines are reflected in daily practice
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- Participate in departments and school meetings, parent meetings etc.
- Keep updated with new developments in subject assigned as far as teaching and learning resources, innovations, new methods and approaches and inform the administration to get a sign off for changes in the instructional plans and activities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Head Teacher and or the School Administration
C. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Education, Degree will be added advantage, childhood education qualifications will be added advantage for Nursery school teacher
- Multi subject teaching capability
- Relevant teaching experience in English Medium schools
- Relevant teaching experience of Nursery/lower/upper primary classes
D. KEY COMPETENCIES
- Self-motivation and commitment to the work and profession
- Understanding of pupils’ learning abilities and disabilities in realizing expected learning outcomes/result oriented
- verbal and written communication skills in English
- team work and team player
- flexibility and adaptability
MANAGER OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
This position is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance, investments, insurance, talent management and audit functions of the organization. The position ensures that there are effective financial and accounting system controls and standards in place and is also responsible for managing the administrative, talent management and information technology systems of the organization.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Financial Management – Responsible for all systems and procedures for the collection of revenue, payment of bills and purchasing to ensure the integrity of financial information including:
- Verifying and posting transactions to journals, ledgers and other records, and preparing supporting account reconciliations.
- Clearly preparing, analyzing and communicate monthly and annual financial statements and reports for all stakeholders.
- Coordinating and leading the annual audit process including liaising with external auditors and the Board of Directors.
- Overseeing and leading the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Administering and reviewing all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keeping the Senior Leadership Team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Managing organizational cash flow and forecasting and oversite of all bank accounts and investment vehicles to maintain adequate working capital and return.
- Implementing a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system.
- Prepare and input payroll including the distribution and reporting processes for payroll; the calculation of wages, overtime and deductions; and the maintenance of on-site employee records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Overseeing the contract billing and collection schedule.
- Ensuring compliance statutory bodies, municipal, local government and any other financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Updating, documenting and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve the finance department’s efficiency and financial controls.
- Providing financial information to meet the needs of managers including producing customized financial reports, costing templates, trend analysis on an as needed, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Preparing the Annual Report and Treasurer’s narrative for Board meetings and the Outlook mailing.
- Preparing, communicating and presenting critical financial matters to the Board of Directors.
Talent Management – Responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the organization’s talent management function including:
- Developing and implementing strategies and enforcing department accountabilities around recruitment and staffing, employment processing, compensation, health benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations and retention and labor relations.
- Supporting management and employees by providing talent management advice, counseling and decisions.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensuring compliance with country legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Supporting staffing by managing the document flow for hires, terminations, leaves, salary changes, special payments and ensuring that new hires have adequate workspace and office equipment.
Technology – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all IT functions including:
- Analyzing organizational needs and recommending technical solutions.
- Directing operations in executing HBS’s technology policies and strategic plan.
- Maintaining and enforcing procedures around technology and telecommunication.
- Liaising between HBS and outside IT consultants in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
Properties & premises – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all properties and premises functions including:
- Facilities management
Transport & logistics – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all transportation and logistics functions including:
- School buses
- Day to day transport and logistics
Customer experience – Responsible for the overall administration, planning, coordination and execution of all customer experience functions including:
- Admin office
Performing other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & PREFERENCES
- Advanced Diploma /Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Accountancy or financial management qualification (ACCA or CPA) is desirable
- A minimum of 4 years in financial administration with progressive growth in responsibility.
- A very high level of proficiency with Excel and financial software program mmes
- Prior responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Experience working with accounting and bookkeeping cloud based systems.
- Prior experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and effectively collaborate with programmatic and colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities and a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Able to work extended hours, some weekends, and travel as needed.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example and dedication to the mission of the HBS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about education
- Flexibility to meet the demands and time-commitments of a middle leadership post
Human Resource Officer at Hannah Bennie schools Ltd September, 2022
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
The Human Resource Officer will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with labor, employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Law, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
Properties & premises Officer 2 posts at Hannah Bennie schools Ltd September, 2022
Job Description – Properties & premises Officer
The needs of the school will require a flexible approach to shift work, including some work at weekends. Holidays: Leave will not normally be granted during the term time and other peak times e.g. enrollment (late August to February)
Main Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible for all aspects of the School’s facilities management and premises staff to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of the School buildings and grounds at all times.
- To contribute to school decisions regarding premises management and develop.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems would be beneficial.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the overall security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems, that there is an appropriate system of key holding management, that periodic reviews off site security are conducted and that appropriate progress is followed through. To issue and monitor the use of security cards and keys within the school.
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness are high, and that the cleaning contract is value for money.
- To draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning staff, premises and grounds maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all school buildings and premises.
- To be responsible for the upkeep of playing fields, gardens, all weather surfaces and to ensure the maintenance of boundaries, footpaths, roads and rights of way within the school premises.
- To be responsible for the letting of the school premises to outside organizations and school staff, and for the development of all school facilities for out-‐of-‐school use ensuring high level of customer satisfaction.
- To manage and operate systems of staffing cover for lettings and other community usage of the premises, to advise on the security of buildings during periods of lettings and to ensure appropriate cooling arrangements are made to meet lettings demands.
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard.
- In co-‐operation with the Fire Service, to be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all firefighting and fire alarm systems. To ensure the maintenance and periodic checking of fire and other safety equipment by specialist contractor. To undertake the operation and periodic checking of the fire alarm system and equipment as detailed in the Fire Safety log book. To initiate and record regular fire drills.
- To monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used within the School and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the school’s risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
- To be responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks. To liaise with contractors as required.
- To determine whether maintenance should be undertaken in-‐house or by commissioned contract services and to assist in the selection of contract services where appropriate, through consultation with the Head of the school and in accordance with the finance scheme of delegation.
- To be the client side link with contracting staff, contribute to specifications, monitoring and review of all major contracts and services and to undertake appropriate administrative processes for specifying and letting minor contracts in accordance with established guidelines.
- To liaise with client nominated officers as directed.
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all premises-‐related mechanical, electrical, cooling services and other plant, including ensuring the completion of all annual portable appliance testing, monitoring and recording of meter readings/returns as require. To take appropriate action to ensure and monitor proper safe levels of lighting, cooling and ventilation.
- To review cooling, electricity and water usage and to advise the Head Teacher on proposals for energy saving methods.
- To be responsible for the line management of all premises and ground maintenance staff, to include participating in their recruitment and selection, identifying their training needs and drawing up their programme of work.
- To be responsible for the ordering and checking of invoices, monitoring of budgets and keeping stock records of all equipment and tools within the postholders’ sphere of responsibility.
- To manage all aspects of any building projects and maintenance work undertaken on the school premises, including acting as a point of contact with regard to liaison with building contractors.
- Where external contractors/inspectors are employed, to monitor work and certify that work has been done satisfactorily.
- To attend meetings of the premises committee and site meetings as necessary.
- To be responsible for devising, reviewing and updating the school’s disaster recovery plan through consultation with the Head Teacher, and to ensure such procedures are clearly communicated to all staff and members of the school management team.
- Respond (on a list basis) to call outs by police and Alarm Company Control during closure periods including nights and weekends in compliance with the schools Policy.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable school rules, regulations, legislation and procedures, national legislation (Health and Safety, COSHH, Data Protection).
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the school.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-‐development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
- Planning and Project Management Skills (Essential)
- Financial Planning and Negotiating Skills with the ability to manage a budget (Essential)
- Change Management and ability to drive change(Desirable)
- Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues (Essential)
- Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams and also on own initiative
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to relate to young people, parents, colleagues and external 3rd parties
- Excellent organizational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritize and organize own workload / able to work to deadlines (Essential)
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word Essential Knowledge Base Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements (Essential)
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements (Essential)
- Essential Understanding of child protection issues (Essential)
- Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance (Essential)
- Educated to A Level and above (Desirable)
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management (Essential)
- or similar) or willingness to undertake qualification
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification (school can arrange) (Essential)
- Full driving license preferably with D1 Essential Experience (Essential)
- Experience of project management and change management (Essential)
- Experience of managing budgets (Essential)
- Experience of managing staff (Essential)
- Experience of managing facilities in a school (Desirable)
- Experience of managing 3rd parties (Essential)
Senior software developer 4 posts at Hannah Bennie schools Ltd September, 2022
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
We are looking for senior Full stack software developers in the areas below: –
- Web developers
- Mobile developers (App)
- Mobile developers (USSD)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in cloud based solutions is desired
Honesty and integrity (Essential)
Professional and approachable attitude (Essential)
Willingness to learn new skills (Essential)
Self-‐motivated with a positive ‘can do’ approach to work (Essential)
Well Presented (Essential)
Flexible over working hours according to the needs of the school (Essential)
How to Apply:
Please email a resume/CV, cover letter explaining how you meet the requirement for this role and academic transcripts to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 15th October 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please consider applying early to ensure your application is reviewed.
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Note: PHONE CALLS RELATED TO JOB ENQUIRIES ARE NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ENQUIRIES RELATED TO JOB VACANCIES, PLEASE SEND TO THE HR EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org)