Tanzania, United Republic of
JOB ADVERT: BOILERMAKER (02 POSITIONS)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermakers/ Welders to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Fabrication Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation ,access and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements and inspection comply with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols and cutting tools
- Using oxy acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating and cutting job cards/ work orders, hot work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum HME equipment availability. Meeting or exceeding planned HME equipment availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure First Line leader and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with defensive driving skills
- Basic knowledge of U/G paste systems, mine rescue and valid First Aid certificates will be an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in underground mining operation
- Must have detailed knowledge and experience in the operation of multiple metal cutting, welding and fabrication methods.
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Must have good understanding of underground mining operations and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level
- Must be able to read and understand designed paste line and equipment plans, detailed engineered prints and layouts
Posting Date 09/05/2022, 11:53 AM
Apply Before 09/19/2022, 09:00 PM
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
About the Team
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.