Network Administrator at SportPesa
SportPesa Limited, a renowned local company operating as part of leading global SportPesa brand offering sports betting business is urgently looking for a qualified and energetic Network Administrator to fill the position of Network Administrator in Tanzania. Applications are thus invited from candidates who shall fulfill the following criteria:
JOB TITLE: NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTING LINE: IT SERVICES DELIVERY MANAGER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
The Computer Networking Administrator is responsible for responding to troubleshooting calls and e-mails from users of the network. The Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and offer repair instructions remotely, as well as in person. Monitoring network access for bottlenecks, security threats or problems with connectivity. Configuring and maintaining security devices to ensure the safety of company software, systems, and data
The Network Administrator will be responsible for:
Operations and Support
- Setting up, configuring, and supporting SportPesa Tanzania internal networks.
- Developing and maintains all Network systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
- Troubleshooting network performance issues and creating and maintaining a disaster recovery plan.
- Recommending upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment, providing technical support and guidance to users, scheduling and executing Preventive Maintenance of the Network Infrastructure
- Ensuring 99.99% availability of the Network Infrastructure
- Serving as a Level 1 escalation for all Network incidents
- Serving as part of the Resolution Team for Network Incidents
- Ensuring Network documentation is updated
- Managing Network Inventory and spares
- Managing Configuration of all Network equipment (backup configuration and application of standardized configuration templates to Network equipment)
- Liaising with Service Providers to ensure agreed SLAs are maintained 100%
- Undertaking continuous training to keep abreast with Network technologies
- Liaising with the ITSM/Service Delivery Manager to manage projects and IT&S processes and procedures.
- Ensuring Network licenses are valid and initiating acquisition of the same before expiry
- Creating, changing, and deleting network user accounts as per requests, following necessary approvals
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinating and communicating with impacted teams
- Attending to any additional taska assigned by management.
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunication or related degree
- 2-4 years’ experience managing and administering IP Networks.
- Telco / Service Provider experience is an added advantage.
- Network fundamental skills (TCP/IP, ARP, DHCP, DNS).
- Good understanding of Layer 2 Technologies like VLANs, Trunks, Port-Channels etc.
- Skilled in Layer 3 protocols especially BGP and OSPF.
- Experienced with firewall technologies like Zones, VPNs, NAT, Policies etc.
- Experienced with Network Access Control (NAC) tools such as Cisco ACS or ISE.
- Skilled in Enterprise Wireless technologies and Management.
- Proficient in Linux administration.
- Experienced with Network Monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and Zabbix.
- Team player and willing to learn.
- Possession of industry certification such as CCNA, JNCIA-Junos or JNCIS-ENT is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Responsibilities heavily require working in shifts, sometimes with little advance notice.
- No regular travel required.
Only applicants who will fit the above criteria need apply. Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of September 2022. Applications must consist of a cover letter outlining why you would be the best fit for such a position, your detailed CV, and copies of your academic credentials.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you if you think you’re what we are looking for!