Salary: Paid Through a competitive bidding process.
About Restless Development.
Development is an innovative, global non profit that strengthens Youth
Power: the collective force of young leaders to create a better world.
We strengthen youth-leadership and youth civil society to be at the
forefront of creating lasting change and impact, on our impact priority
areas: Education & Livelihoods, Gender & Sexual Rights, Voice
& Demoracy and Climate Justice. We are
independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal,
Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) with a
global team of over 230 people and a growing youth collective of 4000
youth civil society groups in over 180 countries.
Restless Development Tanzania is the leading development agency championing youth leadership nationally. We started working in Tanzania in 1993 and, since then, our Hub has evolved into an organisation with true national reach. We operate nationwide. We are nationally registered with the Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women, Elderly and Special Groups, which guarantees our access and reach to work across the whole of Tanzania. Historically, we have worked in almost all provinces and with thousands of communities.
We continue to diversify our reach both
by activating new opportunities for youth-led change and leveraging
ongoing efforts of our organisation and our partners. We work primarily
with young people between ages 15-35 years old. However, our demographic
reach is actually much broader. It is through the young people we work
with that we are able to reach the whole of communities, including
children and adults.
About the Role
Restless Development is looking for External Auditors for the Financial period (1st October 2021 to 30th September 2022)
The objective of the audit of the Organization’s financial statements is to enable the auditors to express an independent audit opinion on the financial position of Restless Development and to ensure that the funds utilized for Restless Development activities have been used for their intended purposes.
The books of accounts of Restless Development provide the basis for the preparation of the Restless Development’s Financial Statements in accordance with applicable accounting standards. Proper books of accounts as required by law have been maintained by Restless Development and also maintain adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for the transactions.
- The audit will be carried out in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- Verify all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of Restless Development and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
- Verify that goods, works and services financed have been procured in accordance with the Restless Development established rules and procedures.
- Verify that funds have been used in accordance with donor’s or contracts rules and conditions
- Verify that appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept and that clear linkages exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
- Verify that the financial statements have been prepared by Restless Development management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of Restless Development and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to the reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- Include in their reports opinion on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- Conduct entry and exit meetings with the Senior Management of Restless Development.
- In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management Letter that will include the following as a minimum:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Report on the implementation status of recommendations pertaining to previous period audit reports.
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- Bring to the Board of Director’s attention any other matters that the auditors consider pertinent
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
Skills and Experience (Qualifications of the Audit Firm)
- Reputable Auditing Firms registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) with experience in auditing -not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) will be eligible to apply .
- The proposal submitted should have a maximum of 20 pages exclusive of the statutory requirements which shall be attached separately. The proposal subject line should clearly read, “EOI: EXTERNAL AUDITORS.”
- ONLY electronically submitted proposals will be accepted.
- Proposals should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for submission of the proposals is: 7th September 2022 at/or before 17:00 hours East African time.
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL PDF FILE!
Closing date: 7 September 2022