Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. It is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) accredited in 2015.
UMATI wishes to recruit qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following vacant position;
Job Title : HR, Governance and Administration Manager
Division ; Operations and Institutional Systems Development
Location : Dares salaam
Reporting to ; Head of Operations and Institutional Systems Development (HOISD)
Subordinate ; Administrative Assistant
The incumbent is responsible for developing processes and metrics that support the achievement of people-related services, policies, and programs and advises line managers on human resources issues. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of governance and accreditation related matters, and general administrative issues.
S/He will also be responsible for managing the recruitment, staff onboarding, assessing staff training and professional development needs. Under the supervision of the HOISD, the incumbent will also be responsible for employees’ relations, payroll, benefits, staff training and oversee staff performance appraisals.
- Administering the hiring process, including advertising open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, reference and background checks, and drafting offer letters.
- Coordinating the induction and orientation process for new employees.
- Maintaining up-to-date personnel information and files.
- Ensure availability of qualified and multi skilled staff to meet organizations requirements
- Administer maintenance, interpretation, and review of the Organization Human Resource Manual when a need arises.
- Dealing with industrial relations matters and ensure all Association’s HR policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment and labour relations law.
- Develop and implement human resources strategies in relation to personnel policies, procedures and practices
- Establish and maintain automated Human Resources information systems
- Participate in preparation of Association Human resources and administration budget and workplan
- Administering performance appraisals, promotions, demotions, and redundancy of employees in consultation with respective Heads of Departments and Sections.
- Managing employee relations and leave records.
- Administration of staff compensation and benefits schemes.
- Conducts wage surveys within labour market to determine competitive wage rates
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Managing staff welfare and development
- Initiate and manage monthly payroll
- Supervise new staff reallocation to new regions and other staff movements among regions
- Participate and represent different HR forums and update HR practices accordingly
- Manage monthly staff timesheet processing and submission with correct billing/charging
- Ensure relevant Insurance policy cover for the association motor vehicles, fire, theft, and life.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering contracts and help in resolving work-related problems.
- Prepare and provide monthly and quarterly reports, and annual HR plans as required.
- Conducting and analysing exit interviews to determine reasons for exit and progress reports as required.
- Coordinate governance related activities including volunteer meetings, elections, database etc
- Overall, in charge of coordinating an Association’s administration systems and general workflows
- Ensure effective management of organizational assets, facilities and transport
- Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- A successful candidate must possess bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field such as Public Administration, Business Management or Laws
- At least five years (5) working experience in the Human Resources field in a reputable organization.
- Must be familiar with Tanzania Labour Laws and Regulations and other relevant laws
- Working with volunteers is an added advantage
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop strategic solutions to meet workforce demands and labour force trends.
- Time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details.
- Excellent leadership, training and developmental skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively underpressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Honest, integrity and trustworthy.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with office management and communication software
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action.
- Ability to motivate staff, manage and utilize human resources and facilitate teamwork
- Ability to understand statistical data and mathematical concepts and apply them to HR processes
- Experience in automating HR functions and integrated information system TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 22nd August 2022, to the Executive Director through e-mail email@example.com The position should be the subject of the email application. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply