Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University invites applications for the below project positions below based in Tanzania...
This position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Skills and Science Laboratory Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Dean-SONAM, the incumbent will be managing daily activities of the science & skills lab facility and the storage rooms within the two facilities. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Areas of responsibilities:
Day to Day Activities:
- Appropriate management of labs and its equipment’s
- Monitor and report any damages and facilitate basic maintenance of the equipment’s
- Prepares labs for the variety of incoming classes and keeping log
- Disposing of chemicals and waste products according to the applicable procedures in the material safety data sheets(MSDS) manual
- Monitor water PH levels
- Facilitate in the preparation, maintenance, and updating of Safety policies within the two facilities.
- Ensuring that safety protocol and procedures are implemented and adhered
- Maintaining MSDS databases, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) labelling
- Explaining and enforcing safety procedures to individuals and carrying out risk assessments for lab activities
- Managing and maintaining the storeroom inventory and ensure all labs are well-stocked, organized, and proper records management is executed
- Overseeing orders of consumable stock and controlling the flow of materials and resources in and out of the storeroom.
- Organizing materials, specimen labeling, sorting, logging, chemical labeling, storage, and disposal.
- Keeping accurate records and logs of invoices, work in progress, and delivery reports.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment’s e.g centrifuges, titrates, pipetting machines and pH meters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (health related field)
- First Aid/CPR and WHMIS certification and added advantage
- Experience in a clinical nursing skills lab, microbiology, biochemistry and biomedical
- Experience in inventory and stock handling.
- Previous experience with MSDS, WHIMIS, and lab safety/protocol.
- Work experience or educational knowledge of microbial culture maintenance and storage
- An awareness of health and safety issues with a good practical and technical skills
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to email@example.com not later than 21st August 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.