Risk and Internal Control Manager
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country.
Open Position: Risk and Internal Control Manager– (1 position)
Office Location: Kilombero, Morogoro
Reports To: Finance Head
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
Manage the Enterprise Risk Management framework and process through the establishment, implementation and monitoring of risk management strategies, systems and standards at Group and in countries that optimise the management of risk to meet business objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and maintain internal control over Financial Reporting environment.
- Project management business process flow updates including performing financial risk assessments and designing new or updates to internal control environments.
- Review the execution of controls on a periodic basis.
- Support the timely remediation of control deficiencies.
- Train and perform refresher training on FCFQ requirements. Perform onboarding on FCFQ for FLM + new appointment & annual refresher to all key staff.
- Perform financial risk assessments on key projects: review process flows, interview key stakeholders, identify key financial reporting risks, prepare a risk assessment report and provide recommendations.
- Design and implement a strategy and programmes to monitor the effectiveness of group procedure compliance.
- Provide central support for all insurance claims and active claims management.
- Monitor procedures for reporting on claims and monitor and facilitate progress in respect of claims.
Assist in the evaluation, identification and analysis of risks, and assess, update and monitor risk tolerance levels in conjunction with Risk Owners.
- Develop and maintain Risk Improvement Plans (RIPs), ensuring plans are developed for all identified risks and are aligned with CA reports and plans, in conjunction with the relevant Risk Owners.
- Review and guide the effective completion of ERM reports (including the commentaries on the risk profile and others).
Job Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce / Insurance and Risk Management / Equivalent
- CPA is an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in an operational, financial or commercial role. Risk management or internal control management experience is an added advantage
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
- Analytical ability; verbal and written communication; research skills; organisational skills; partnering and relationship building; project management skills; proficiency in MS Office.
- Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be engaged on 3 Years Contract.
All interested candidates who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position on or before 10th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.