Senior Purchasing Specialist – 3 Positions
Morogoro, Dar es Salaam
JVACEE, Julius Nyerere Hydro Power Project (JNHPP) – 3 Positions
In joint venture with The Arab Contractors of Egypt (Osman A. Osman & Co.), ELSEWEDY ELECTRIC is entrusted by the people and government of Tanzania to execute, The Julius Nyerere Hydropower Project.
- Coordinates with local and foreign procurement activities. Ensure the efficient acquisition of goods at fair prices. Maintain communication with Suppliers.
- Track orders and maintain accurate purchase records.
- Maintain up-to-date records of procurement documents such as purchase orders, bid proposals and vendor reviews.
- Develop and implement a suitable filing system.
- Set all bank documents (LC’s, Commercial invoice, packing list).
- Customs clearance and follow the goods until delivered to our warehouses. Sorting for new suppliers.
- Organize accommodation and flight for foreign technicians
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management from a reputable Institution. Possession of PSPTB and other related Professional Certificate is a Must.
- Master’s degree will be an Added Advantage.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in local and foreign purchasing field. Fluency of English language (reading, writing and speaking).
- Keen eye for small details, to work efficiently with several pieces of purchase documents. Good mathematics skills, to make accurate calculations of total costs of ordered items. Strong verbal communication skills.
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER – (1 Position)
The Procurement Engineer ensures proper alignment of inbound supply chain for products and
raw materials across our business units. In addition, this role drives continuous improvement of our cost position and takes an active part in product improvement and development in support of business strategies. Reports to Procurement Manager.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, and implement business cost reduction strategies through Sourcing to improve our cost position without sacrificing quality.
- Evaluate, coordinate and support sourcing opportunities in US and low cost regions. Support product development and improvement teams by sourcing new technologies from qualified suppliers while leading the qualification process.
- Challenge existing suppliers to recommend more cost effective and/or more reliable products that will improve our competitive position. Assist in the evaluation and coordination of these recommendations.
- Lead vendor initial qualification through the First Article Process, ensuring vendor products meet legislative, customer and ABC Company Engineering requirements.
- Once qualified, drive supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection.
- Work with Sourcing, Engineering and Quality to develop procedures and processes to qualify potential suppliers.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; Mechanical Engineering preferred Minimum 3 years’ working experience in (MEP Packages) preferably in Construction Field Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to execute tasks independently
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, specifications and regulations
- PC skills including MS Office, Auto CAD and Solid works.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their up to date CV’s and ID (National, Voter’s ID or Driving License)
to email@example.com and in subject Line Clearly indicate the position you’re applying for. Failure to do so your application will not be considered.
Deadline is 15th August 2022.
Interviews and work station will be at Julius Nyerere Hydropower Project (JNHPP) and / Dar es Salaam HQ This position is open for Tanzanian Locals only.