St. Francis Referral Hospital, Ifakara is inviting competent applicants who are energetic, interested, qualified with outstanding work ethics and integrity to apply for the following positions:
I. LABORATORY SCIENTIST -ONE POSITION
- The Lab Scientist will be responsible for equipment and instrument update and
inventory as well as protection. He/she should be able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and quality control for all reagents.
- Read, understand, and implement SOPs to fully support the laboratory towards accreditation
- Performs daily QC runs on all laboratory tests/procedures
- Perform pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to registration, separation, and storage.
- Any duty deemed necessary by the laboratory Manager including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students
Hold a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS) from a recognized institution followed by at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
II. PHYSIOTHERAPIST OFFICER – ONE POSITION
- Assessment, treatment and evaluation of patient with different condition requiring
- To conduct yourself in highly professional and ethical manner
- Liaise with other health care professional for better treatment outcomes.
- Document patient medical progress and treatment
- To perform other activities and tasks given by his/her head of department
- Degree holder of Physiotherapy from recognized academic institution Minimum 2 years of working experience Registered and allowed to practice by MCT
III. BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN -ONE POSITION
- Approves and Installs new biomedical equipments by conducting tests; ensuring
adherence to codes; making modifications.
- Maintains biomedical equipments by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests;
recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Hold a Diploma of Biomedical technician from a recognized institution followed by at least Minimum of 2 years of experience delivering services to the health facilities.
IV: OPTOMETRIST – ONE POSITION
- Conduct eye exams using optometric equipment and general diagnostic
- Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids.
- Recommend appropriate patient follow-up and care options.
- Answer questions and provide advice to patients regarding vision and optical issues.
- Deliver outstanding customer service through all patient interactions.
- To work under the whole activities and tasks given by his/her head of department
The holder Diploma of three years under college identified by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. Related experience in Health services sector would however be an added advantage.
Deadline: 15th August 2022Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Interested candidate: Send application via: Info@sfh.or.tz OR
St. Francis Referral Hospital