VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), that has a loan book of approximately TZS. 20 billion and more than 30,000 client base, more than 5,000 of whom are small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young man or woman who has a passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work Reference No. 004/22
Position: Security Officer
Reporting to: Head of Risk and Compliance
To establish, implement and enforce robust bank-wide security policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the bank’s staff and assets.
Main tasks (Not Exhaustive):
- Ensure compliance with all VFT Information Security Policies.
- Monitoring of all VFT Information Security Incidents to ensure timely reported and closure.
- Report known or suspected violations of VisionFund Security Policies and Standards and known or suspected compromises of sensitive information assets to relevant persons i.e. HOD or CEO.
- Investigate and resolve violations of VisionFund Security Policies and Standards that degrade the operation of critical systems and/or compromise sensitive information assets.
- Monitoring internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained.
- Conduct testing of Banks security devices
- Respond to all first aid emergencies.
- Investigate all types of incidents providing comprehensive reports and statements in accordance with Security Instructions, Criminal Law, Employment Law.
- Provide Training on regulatory security measures
- Conduct an annual security vulnerability assessment for the bank.
- Assess VFT offices to identify gaps related to Physical security and health matters.
- Assess the effectiveness of security devices installed at VFT offices and report the gap to the Head of Risk and Compliance department.
- Bachelor Degree in; Computer Science, Information Technology, Law, Banking, Business Administration, or related disciplines with knowledge on security devices and software/ applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Technical Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Banking or Financial Institution Security Operations
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Business Continuity Management (BCMS).
- Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Strong analytical skills, paying careful and particular attention to detail, and also having an investigative mindset.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates.
- Proficient skills in developing security reports.
- Travel and off-‘hour on-“call support required.
Special / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness.
- Is an effective trainer.
- Very good communication skills.
- Possess Innovative and analytical skills.
- Very good planning skills.
- Good team player.
- High level of Integrity and Ethical.
- Must have above average skills in using Micro Soft office applications.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail- oriented.
- Committed Christian.
About our working environment & remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should;
Forward their application letter, attaching certified copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
Physically send their applications through the postal address below:
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
AICC Building, Serengeti Wing, 5th Floor P.O. Box 1546,
All applications should be addressed to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited P.O. Box 1546
The position should be the subject of the email application.
The deadline for the application is on 20th March, 2022.
N.B.: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DisclaimerVisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf.