Annual Graduate Recruitment 2022
Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take
pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality
service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is
renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented
people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
Opportunities and about the Departments
This year we are looking for candidates interested in growing a career in Audit, Risk Advisory and Consulting.
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
Our Risk Advisory department helps clients focus on areas of increased risk; address the entire spectrum of emerging risks, including disruption due to innovation, cyber, geopolitical, and other trends; and pursue intelligent risk-taking as a means to value creation. We understand this and our job is to manage these risks. Our dedicated team of experts assists our clients in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks associated with external business relationships to optimise collaboration and let our clients focus on what they do best – doing incredible things in the world.
Deloitte’s Consulting is about making positive change happen. If you’re ready to innovate and transform, Deloitte can help you imagine, deliver, and run your future. Consulting helps guide clients to the best possible business decisions. Whether they’re facing a specific problem or grasping new opportunities, from technology innovations to operational transformation. You’ll help them shape the ideas, strategies and actions they need to succeed, now and for an ever-more-digital future. You’ll work collaboratively on every project. And have opportunities to work with all kinds of organisations, from start-ups to government departments to major international brands. Developing a wide set of skills and knowledge, your career will be as fascinating and rewarding as it is impactful.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunities for dynamic individuals to join our Audit, Risk Advisory and Consulting teams as entry level Associates and Business Analysts under our Graduate Training Program.
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Developing productive working relationships with clients;
- Managing information security risk in client engagements in alignment with Deloitte policies; and
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of Second Upper (3.5 GPA) or equivalent.
- Completed undergraduate studies by July 2022 or graduated in the preceding one year (2021).
- A’ Level – Division 1 or equivalent.
- O’ Level - Division 1 or equivalent with at least B in Mathematics and English.
- Qualified or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer usage skills.
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you research to gain background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply by clicking on 'I’m interested.’
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one to make an impact that matters.
For more updates and conversations, follow us on:
Twitter @DeloitteTZ and the hash tag #JoinDeloitteEA
Facebook Deloitte East Africa
Instagram Deloitte East Africa
Closing date: 31 March 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
“Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position. “