Research Associate (Gavi Pro-Equity Interventions)
- Options Consultancy Services Ltd
- Nigeria, DRC, Kenya, Malawi, Nepal, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar Kenya Technical Department
We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners
to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and
co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating
on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and
galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole
communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
Options is seeking 3 dynamic Research Associates to identify and communicate the evidence base on effective, pro-equity immunization interventions in Gavi 4.0 countries. You will be part of a remote, global team, working collaboratively with the Gavi Secretariat and Options colleagues. Contracting is dependent on Options’ successful completion of the RFP process.
The Research Associates will work collaboratively with the project Team Leader and other Options staff to carry out a retrospective synthesis of evidence on pro-equity immunization interventions to reach zero dose (ZD) children. You will create evidence briefs of proven interventions, and case studies of effective implementation in Gavi countries. Gavi will use these work products to advance its new five-year strategy, which aims to leave no one behind with immunization. The Research Associates will collaborate internally, and externally with Gavi’s Zero Dose working groups, particularly ZD Learn.
Anticipated activities include:
- Contribute to the development of analytical framework, design of literature review specifications, and a learning and communications plan
- Review programme documentation on pro-equity interventions from Gavi-supported countries, extracting data (and inputting it into a database) on multiple qualitative and quantitative variables to summarise/describe characteristics of the intervention (e.g., description of target audience, whether gender barriers were addressed, what indicators were measured)
- Synthesise and analyse data to identify key initiatives, and summarise the main rationale for selection, main enablers and barriers, and the effectiveness of those interventions (if available) to inform synthesis report and case studies
- Undertake broader academic/research literature review on pro-equity interventions, synthesise findings to produce recommendations (including identification of grey literature for inclusion)
- Supplement document/literature review with key informant interviews and/or targeted follow up with Gavi Secretariat and country teams where necessary
- Produce summary reports, a series of evidence briefs and case studies, and slide presentations of both general/overall findings, and country-specific findings, focusing on actionable recommendations for decision-makers
To succeed in this role:
- Up to date, robust technical expertise in systematic literature reviews
- Excellent ability to synthesise large datasets to draw out clear, actionable conclusions and recommendations for a variety of audiences
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (clarity and concision essential)
- Deep understanding of immunisation (or other comparable health) programming and pro-equity approaches in health
- Master’s degree or Phd in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and
post holders to share this commitment.
We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Applicants must have the right to work in their country of location