Tigo Tanzania is the leading innovative telecommunication company in the country, distinguished as a fully-fledged digital lifestyle brand. Offering a diverse product portfolio in voice, SMS, high-speed internet and mobile financial services, Tigo has pioneered innovations such as Facebook in Kiswahili, TigoPesa App & iOS users, Tigo Music (Deezer) and East Africa’s first cross-border mobile money transfer with currency conversion. Tigo Tanzania is a growth story driven by entrepreneurs and innovation.
The company forms part of Millicom, one of the earliest pioneers in commercial mobile telephony and a market leader in 13 emerging markets across Africa and Latin America.
JOB TITTLE:Network Performance Management Engineer
Job Country: Tanzania
To ensure acceptable network performance across the mobile network by functioning as key person to bridge gap between Commercial/Sales, Technical and Manage Service Partners (MSP’s) while delivering on signed SLAs, KPIs, KQIs, RSLAs as well as CEIs.
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
by connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- Daily Monitoring of IP network performance, transmission network performance, PS Core Performance covering SGSN-MME, GGSN and any other PS Core network element.
- Daily Monitoring of RAN Performance covering 2G,3G and 4G.
- Timely reporting of network performance and customer experience using available tools, Across PM, BO-ENM, i Master.
- Manage Benchmarking with other operators of Data and Voice Services using Automatic Tool or Third-Party Team.
- Report benchmarking results, analysis, and improvement plans.
- Escalate all deviations from the agreed KPIs.
- Advise P&Q Manager on all matters related to Regulator network compliance as per recent EPOCA.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly network performance reports for Management.
- Create and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly technical KPI reports at the cluster level to be shared with key stakeholders.
- Support Sales team in all networks/technology related issues.
- Support other cross functional teams to improve network performance and quality.
- Perform regional visits for managing network performance.
- Perform site audits to manage network performance.
- Provide ad-hoc reports for network quality as per management requirement.
- Work closely with managed service provider team to close open action points.
- Manage operational projects, change driven projects and network performance improvement projects.
- Manage SLAs with demand organisation i.e. Huawei Managed Service.
- Survey and plan all network performance improvement requirements.
- Support business and commercial projects to build and optimize network in all corporate customers premises when required.
- Manage the commercial project requirements from technical department.
- Conduct performance analysis before and after project completion.
- Analyze network KPI’s.
- Provide outage/ impact analysis from technical team in relation to revenue trend.
- Attend change management meetings to approve all changes in the network affecting quality of the network and customer experience.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering/ Computer Engineering or other related disciplines.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in Mobile Networks Performance/Operations/Quality/Compliance.
- Experience in RAN networks, core network, transmission network and optimization of all domains.
- Experience working on performance tools.
- Good knowledge on mobile network architecture E2E.
- Good knowledge on core systems and optimization.
- Knowledge in VAS/IN network systems.
- Innovative and customer centric.
- Reporting and presentation skills