for managing all operations of the regional store including ordering,
receipt, warehousing, transportation and distribution of medical
supplies, food items, equipment and other materials. Provides technical
supervision to all regional Store Assistants and collaborates with the
Medical Coordinator to ensure adequate stock levels in regional store.
- Provide supervision to all regional Store Assistants by training in and monitoring of the implementation of MTI store policies and procedures; conduct spot checks on the stock count of Health Facility stores
- Utilize Unit 4 ERP system to submit order requests for approval by the Medical Coordinator to ensure the adequate supply of goods and medicines in line with budget restrictions
- Responsible for receiving requisitions from head of departments, picking and packing goods in the stores, and liaising with Fleet Assistant to arrange vehicle to make deliveries to the Health Facility stores
- Track all movements of goods in and out of regional store, including checking deliveries of goods against invoices for quality and quantity
- Perform monthly physical stock count of the regional store; perform reconciliation with paper files and as required in ERP system to ensure compliance with stock level agreements; follow up with supervisor and Medical Coordinator in regard to discrepancies, alarm thresholds, stock outs and expiry dates
- Collect data from Store Assistants and prepare reports according to schedule
- Ensure all goods are stored and packed safely and securely and easily identifiable
- Check the received cold boxes and control the cold chain as instructed by the Medical Coordinator/ Pharmacy Technician
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all documentation related to stores and enter information into ERP system as required
- Organise the manual loading and unloading of vehicles, as needed
- Reduce waste by maximizing the re-utilization of goods returned to store
- Ensure store health and safety procedures are understood and followed by all persons in the store
- Responsible for the security and cleanliness of interior and exterior of store
- Control regional store access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured; immediately inform supervisor of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the store
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree of Pharmacy
- Additional training in Stores Management or Supply Chain Management is required
- 3 years of experience in store management and storage of medical items and equipment, inclusive of 1 year of supervisory experience is required
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of store management
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Skilled at using ERP systems to manage inventory
- Skilled at coordinating transport logistics for delivery
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability and attention to detail
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to learn about medicine management and cold chain management
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security of store goods
- Keen interest to mentor others
- Must be physically fit with ability to lift heavy boxes
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Medical Teams International staff and other officials and mission members, meeting MTI highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of maturity and responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol, and safety security issues.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the safety and well-being of passengers
- Keep abreast of traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe, on-time arrival for any movement including meetings and appointments
- Maintain daily vehicle logs, inspections, daily kilometers, fuel consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs
- Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports, awareness of vehicles servicing, required items for services.
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working order.
- Evaluate ability of other drivers and provide training as needed
- Supports the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports
- Tracks insurance and applicable tax formalities
- Make minor repairs and recommendations for major repairs
- Change oil, check tires, spare tires, jacks, lights, horn, clutch and brakes and wash car regularly
- Ensure that vehicles comply with MTI safety and security standards and reports any conditions of concerns to a manager
- Ensure that communications devices (e.g. cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip
- Ensure the vehicle has sufficient fuel at all times.
- Follows safe vehicle loading and unloading procedures.
- Keeps the vehicle clean and free of debris; follows other vehicle cleaning procedures.
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and safety and security document, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates staff according to written and practiced procedures.
- In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by delegate’s procedure and other authorities.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records.
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payment of bills, as required.
- Supports safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
- Possession of valid Driver’s license, class C, for a minimum of 3 years
- Attended Vocational Educational and Training Authority would be an added advantage
- Certification of defensive driving from a recognized institution preferred
- Certification in First Aid and CPR is required
- Certification in vehicle mechanics and maintenance is preferred
- Preferred: Experience working for NGO Clean driving record is required
- Minimum heavy vehicle driving in Tanzania is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different nationality and cultural backgrounds
- In-depth knowledge of road safety regulations and defensive driving techniques
- Basic CPR and First Aid knowledge
- Quality and timely driving services; safe and on-time
- Excellent Defensive driving skills.
- Quality care and maintenance of vehicle and necessary documents
- Timely inputs to logs and records.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English and Swahili
- Ability to follow procedures in response to accidents or emergency situations
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good knowledge of geography of assigned driving locations
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and Code of Conduct
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires frequent use of mechanics equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be operating a motor vehicle to remote areas, where hazardous road conditions are common.
- Required to drive long distances on unpredictable or unknown terrain in various weather climates.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
Method of Application
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line. Example: ”Store Officer”.
Application Deadline: 07th of February 2022 at 1700HRS.