MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects, though all branches share one constitution and registration.
Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was
launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been
working with both international and national donors, the local and
central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United
Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the
poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth,
people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the
underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW.
SHDEPHA+ VISION: A democratic community that is free of poverty, hunger, and diseases and enjoys a good quality of education, standards of living, and social well-being.
SHDEPHA+ MISSION: SHDEPHA+ is committed to reducing income and non-income poverty, hunger, human suffering, diseases, and the impact and spread of HIV/AIDS by empowering marginalized and vulnerable people, most at-risk populations, and communities in general to achieve Community-based and sustainable human development.
GOAL: Using SHDEPHA+ core values and mission
to work toward the Millennium Development Goals to improve the lives of
marginalized and vulnerable groups, most at-risk populations, and
communities in general.
SHDEPHA+ is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies;
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS (2 Positions)
REPORTS TO: PROJECTS MANAGERS
LINE MANAGE: DATA OFFICERS
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 MONTHS (RENEWABLE)
- S/HE will provide the overall management in project monitoring and Evaluation through data management, data analysis, asses performance and advice program team.
- S/HE will oversee data collection, verification and reporting.
- S/HE will assess performance of indicators, provide regular feedback of program achievement against the targets to inform and achieve intended program outputs and outcomes.
- S/HE will build capacity of program staff and stakeholders to implement M&E activities and integrate timely and accurate project data to enhance program planning and decision making.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute towards the achievement of SHDEPHA+ strategic objectives.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data management guidelines for SHDEPHA+ to avoid any breach of confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is observed.
- Review and approve data ground rules and database design in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures and protocol of the programs and the data department.
- Assist in the standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere to the same guidelines provided to them by SHDEPHA+.
- Conduct data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites.
- Review, analyse, and validate program data through review of patient's files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Carry out scheduled stress tests on the different databases that are in use at SHDEPHA+ to identify any loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff.
- Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on the system.
- Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime.
- Train and build capacity of SHDEPHA+ program staff in the use of Data and database for the monitoring of site's performance and to address any issues that may arise from non-performance.
- Review data collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies in the system.
- Review monthly reports prepared by the data officers/ program officers to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely submission to the site coordinator.
- Run frequent queries for extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well as SHDEPHA+ for program improvement.
- Carry out quarterly data verification and collection activities, upload the data into systems and respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners.
- Compile and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high quality.
- Collaborate with Programme Officers Quality Improvement to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected from the facilities is accurate and of the standard required by the donors and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics and statistics,public health, sociology, demography, statistics, Communication Engineering, ICT or other social science area from a recognized institution
- Masters degree or Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs.
- Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization, and use
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing pediatric AIDS services and operations.
- Experience working with donor funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
- Knowledge of relevant SHDEPHA+ donor requirements
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
- Ability to openly consult with colleagues
- Ability to set priorities accordingly
- Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
- Ability to apply new changes
- Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
- Collaborative team player with leadership skills
- The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members.
- Knowledge of different database software
- Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
HOW TO APPLY: -
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter, CV and Certificates combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on Friday 14th January 2022 the subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
SHDEPHA+ regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more information about the organization, please visithttps://www.shdepha-kahama.com/