Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Responsible for ensuring that company products quality conform to the required standards.
- Optimize cement production efficiencies in comparison with established standards and procedures and by analysing production process disturbances and failures
- Contribute toward product quality planning and strategy
- Design and implement a total Quality Assurance system, set quality control objectives and strategies, and manage ongoing quality control procedures to ensure maintaining of required quality level
- Design and implement technological testing line inspection and reporting, and machinery performance reporting system to deliver meaningful control and data for use in achieving performance improvement
- Ensure that meaningful records, statistics, and reports on quality of raw materials, intermediaries and final product are maintained and produced
- Prepare quality certificates for customers
- Implement, maintain and co-ordinate all activities of the established quality management system (QMS)
- Ensure that all safety and environmental regulations are strictly enforced during daily activities
- Continuous improvement activities
- Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
- Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify, and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area. Any other duties as may be assigned Line Management
BSc in Chemistry/BSc in Chemical and Processing Engineering
Knowledge and Specific Experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing quality assurance in cement or equivalent to industry.
- Must have experience in people management, extensive experience in quality systems implementations and strategies and knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental risk identification and statutory requirements and management.
- Expert understanding of Laboratory equipment, operations, maintenance, and production
- Have knowledge on cement plant process, ISO system auditing, health, Safety and Environmental risk identification and statutory requirements and Management.
- Planning and organizing skills, Problem solving skills, Practical knowledge of Excel, Word & E-Mail Program, fluent in English, Computer Literacy, Analytical and abstract thinking
- Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 26th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.