DCB Bank is a fully-fledged retail and commercial bank in Tanzania. The bank offers banking services to Individuals, Small to Medium sized Businesses, as well as large corporate clients. DCB Bank has a wide branch network of over 8 branches, over 1000 DCB Wakala Agents and over 280 Umoja switch ATMs serving over 3 million customers across the country. The bank has experience of over 18 years and it is the first bank to be listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE). DCB Commercial Bank Plc was registered as a Limited Company on 6th September 2001. In April 2002, DCB started business as a regional microfinance institution. On 12th June 2003 the bank was issued with a license to carry out banking business as Dar es Salaam Community Bank Limited.
The role will be responsible to do direct sales for Bank’s products, it involves working outside the banking environment focusing on field sales, sourcing potential customers and maximizing the sales of bank products and services.
To provide an independent Internal Audit services that adds value and improves the operations of the Bank through systematic and disciplined approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Relationship Officer - Personal Banking
To bring in new customers to the Bank and to maintain professional customer relationships.
Purpose of Role
A Relationship Officer is required to help and advice clients, grow PERSONAL BANKING SEGMENT within assigned territory. The range and scope of his/her work ranges from helping clients with their account details giving advice on financial investments. He/She is the focal point of sustaining customer satisfactions, retain existing customers and generate additional business; acquire customers through various sales activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Growth of liabilities, salaried & mortgage loans portfolio, and income through engaging new qualified employers and mobilization of all existing salaried and non-salaried staff to ensure the bank target is met.
- Customer retention, maximizing benefit from customers through cross-selling relevant DCB products in the segment.
- Designing and implementing a service delivery strategy to ensure DCB is well positioned through providing convenient, efficient and fast service to all of the clients.
- Minimization of exposures to and impact of risks while adhering to KYC, AML in managing the portfolio.
- Quality of service in the portfolio and management of customer expectations through effective queries, complaint and correspondence handling in a timely manner as per service operating standards.
- Ensure an effective call program is maintained on all allocated relationships and prospects. The calls should be recorded and filed.
- Monitoring to ensure the PAR is managed within the bank standard.
- Collaborate with marketing and communication department in promoting the products and services of the product group.
- Assists in product development projects during the several phases; initiation, realization, implementation and evaluation phase.
- Identifying, tracking managing and resolving project issues.
- Proactively disseminating reports to all stakeholders timely.
- Proactively managing scope to ensure that only what was agreed to is delivered, unless changes are approved through scope management.
- Managing the competitive environment to ensure DCB remains the preferred financial solution by being proactive to changes of the market.
- Managing the overall schedule to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Provide adequate training and support to branch staff to ensure all products are well known to all staff.
- Stay aware of developments in the market segment by attending conferences, reading market specific newsletters, visiting web-sites etc.
- Produce Daily, Weekly and Monthly Work plan, performance and status for performance monitoring and effective decision making.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Steps To Apply Jobs at Ajira Portal | UTUMISHI | PSRS
- How to apply for Jobs using Tanzania Job websites/Blogs
- New Tips to Win Government Interviews at Ajira Portal | UTUMISHI | PSRS
- Sample of Application Letter and Detailed CV | MFANO WA BARUA NA MAELEZO BINAFSI
- How To Open Job Application Account at Ajiraportal | UTUMISHI | PSRS For Daily
- UTUMISHI/PSRS: Instructions on How to Create Cv and Application Letter
- General Conditions To Apply Jobs At Ajira Portal | Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Qualifications and Experience/Skills required
- A University Degree in business administration or relevant field.
- 2 years’ experience in a sales and client management role.
- Excellent selling and negotiations skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Barriers to success in role
- Lack of relationship management skills.
- Lack of influencing and communication skills.