Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Position: Field Worker
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: 9th December, 2021
Ifakara Health Institute is looking for a qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant positions of Fieldworker in the District Entomologist Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to protocols and standard operating procedures for experiments that will be provided.
- Conduct mosquito trapping and collections, larval collections.
- Supervise and perform sorting, identification, and packaging of mosquitoes in the field station
- Ensure all data and samples collected from the experiments are properly identified, recorded, stored, and well labelled
- Making sure that all mosquitoes which need to be transported to the respective laboratories are prepared on time and properly packed.
- Ensure that date entry is done for recorded data.
- Assist volunteers and village leaders working within the project(s).
- Maintain all project(s) equipment in good order and custody.
- Implement quality control procedures and ethical guidelines are met in the running of the project(s).
- Maintain constant liaison with community members in the study area to ensure the smooth running of project(s) activities.
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
Form four/ six and 3 years of working experience
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to work
- Good verbal and oral communication skills
- Physical fitness
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application heading should read FIELD WORKER – DISTRICT ENTOMOLOGIST Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, 9th December, 2021