Relationship Manager SME (1 Position(s))
Job Location - Dar es Salaam Zone, Zanzibar
Responsible for growing both Liabilities (Deposits) and Assets from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) for Business banking; advising the business banking department on business strategy, assisting SME Business Bankers /Relationship Officers/Branch Managers in recruiting business customers to ensure SME business growth.
- Actively selling SME deposits, lending and cross selling of other banks products (Forex, Fund Transfer, Internet Banking etc.)
- Appraise SME credit applications above the SME Business Banker/Relationship Officer limit from branches and provide recommendations for decision making
- Take a leading role in driving SME activities, through networking and promoting SME activities with SME Business Bankers/Relationship Officers and branch managers.
- Actively build the capacity of the SME Business Bankers/Relationship Officers through on-going mentoring and support in order to ensure quality credit application and Business Growth.
- Monitor and review the performance of the SME Business Bankers/Relationship Officers to ensure that the targets are met.
- Review with SME Business Bankers/Relationship Officers client feedback, market intelligence, workshops/focus group reports and review product design and performance to establish if change, redesign or re-launch is appropriate.
- Co-ordinate budget objectives of the responsibility area on the SME products to ensure targets are achieved as per the approved budget.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction for the SME segment is achieved by providing accurate advice for selling in line with customers' expectations.
- Prepare budget and projections for the SME loan and deposit products. The budget to include the list of existing, prospective and potential customers to benefit from the loan and deposit products
- Strong credit analysis skills - ability to analyze loan ticket size ranging from 500 Million to 5 Billion TZS.
- Ability to handle customer relationships with annual turnover ranging from 10 Billion to 100 Billion TZS.
- Excellent customer relationship and sound understanding of the bank's loan products, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Corporate, Agri business and private banking products will be added advantage
- Good understanding of Zanzibar business environment and cultural ethnics
- Sound understanding of other bank's loan products, policies, and procedures for cross selling purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania.
- Excellent communication (English and Kiswahili), numerical, analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Banking and/or other relevant fields
- 5 years' experience in banking operations, out of which 3 should be relationship management and or Loan Portfolio Management within the SME Business.
- 5.0 Year(s)
Auditor II (2 Position(s))
To maintain an independent Internal Audit that adds value and improves the operations of the Bank through systematic and disciplined approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Coordinate audit plans (of small audits) for assigned projects by ensuring all risks in the project are identified.
- Determine data requirements; accumulate, verify and analyze processes to identify risks in the processes being audited.
- To function as team leader in small audits and special investigations.
- Perform basic data analytics as part of risk assessment and audit execution
- Conduct audit as necessary, interview appropriate personnel.
- Identify root causes or contributing factors relating to risks and making recommendations to improve control environment.
- Review risk management process, internal controls and governance processes.
- Review and evaluate all completed audit works performed by junior staff, audit findings and recommendations and ensure that there is sufficient supporting documentation.
- Prepare quality draft audit findings and recommendations and submit a written report to the Senior Internal Auditor for review.
- Review points raised in respect of his/her audit engagement and ensure that are cleared.
- Business understanding of finance and accounting
- Technical - Excellent knowledge of internal audit practice in financial institutions (including quality report writing) Understanding of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Behavioral - Communication, Coaching, interpersonal, leadership, Facilitating Change, Professional Values and Ethics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Banking and Finance or other business-related studies.
- Holder of CIA, CISA or CPA. Possession of full Professional Accountancy qualifications i.e. CPA (T), ACCA, ACMA, ACA or its equivalent and should be registered with NBAA as a “Certified Public Accountant”
- At least 4 years of auditing/accounting experience in a reputable audit firm or financial institution.
- Experience in Data Analytics and use of TeamMate Software will be an added advantage.
- 4.0 Year(s)
Job closing date : 18-Nov-2021