APHFTA is an umbrella organization of the private (self-sustaining) health sector in Tanzania established in 1994, as a Non-State organization. It serves as a public forum for the private health sector and provides a comprehensive array of advocacy, administrative, knowledgesharing, and networking products and services to the Private Health Care Sector (PHCS).
It endeavors to link the PHCS with the community and thereby contribute towards poverty alleviation. Over the years, it has engaged the PHCS in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of the Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is currently implementing a 3 years USAID SAFE VMMC project in Iringa, Njombe, Tabora, Singida and Morogoro regions in Tanzania. The Project’s Goal is to contribute to the reduction of new HIV infections in Tanzania and the Project Purpose is to increase circumcision coverage to 95 percent among males 15-29 years old. In this project APHFTA works with over 200 public and private health facilities in the targeted regions to deliver quality Male Circumcision services. Specifically APHFTA as contractor focuses on strengthening the capacity of service delivery teams to provide comprehensive, high quality and sustainable VMMC services aligned to National and PEPFAR guidelines and policies.
APHFTA is looking for a qualified, experienced and interested individual to apply for the jobs positions below for the USAID SAFE VMMC Project at its Headquarters in Dar es Salaam.
APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following position at APHFTA’s regional office under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Tohara Salama Project.
Position Title: Regional VMMC Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy Director Project Coordination
Supervisory role: All Regional Staff
Location: APHFTA Regional offices (Njombe, Morogoro, Tabora, Singida and Iringa)
APHFTA 9 Regional Coordinator(s) will oversee the project activities within their respective regions and will report to the Deputy Director Project Coordination. The Regional VMMC Coordinator will ensure the highest quality of VMMC service provision that adheres to international and national standards/protocols. She/he will provide overall strategic leadership and direction to ensure achievement of Project objectives and targets at the region. She/he work hand in hand with the Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R&CHMTs) and Cascade Teams in ensuring that implementation of the Project’s activities is sustainably aligned with and done according to the government policies and procedures.
- A Degree in medicine, public health, social sciences or any health-related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care and treatment, especially VMMC
- Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health-related matters
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health System
- Proven track record in succesfull management of a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
Method of Application
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION.
The closing date is 26th November 2021 at 18:00 EAT. Late submission, will not be considered for evaluation.