NMB Bank Plc. (“NMB”) is a full service commercial bank incorporated in the United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has 226 branches, over 9,000 Agents (Wakala) and more than 700 ATMs across the country and is represented in all districts of Tanzania. NMB has over 4 million customers and employs over 3,400 staff.
Thank you for visiting our job application portal!
, we have made some changes that require you to re-register your profile to proceed with your application.
JOB TITTLE: MI and Reporting Analyst
Job closing date : 14- Oct- 2021
To provide competent and reliable support on ensuring proper planning, monitoring and implementation of various strategies in an effort of managing loan portfolio quality.
- Provide professional and constant support on ensuring comprehensive and appropriate planning, approaches and strategies toward an effort of improving loan portfolio quality.
- Responsible for identifying hotspots, modelling and providing analytical updates in regards to internal and external factors that influence NMB’s portfolio performance and Banking industry as a whole in an effort of mitigating credit risk exposure.
- Prepare and ensure timely completion of various credit related reports for regulatory and other credit related reports including monthly credit performance reports, monthly PAR/NPL and impairment/provision reports, etc. before presenting to the credit management committees, i.e. LPQ, Watch-list and BCC.
- Providing proper support and supervision of the IFRS 9 impairment process and other related issues during preparation of month-end reports.
- Participate fully in attending various issues arising from internal and external audits/examination related to credit matters.
- Participating on various credit related projects in an effort of enhancing efficiency particularly on lending and portfolio management.
- Managing CRB services within NMB Bank in regards to monthly data submission, data quality improvement, system enhancements, trainings and handling disputes/queries concerning CRB process on ensuring full compliance in accordance with BOT regulatory requirements.
- Provide full support to the internal including Business Department, Finance, Treasury, Strategy Office, Credit Risk Internal Auditor, etc. and external customers, e.g. BOT, Government Instructions and other business partners by providing all required credit reports/information and handling various credit related queries.
- Providing credit related information required for financial reporting, i.e. financial disclosures, etc.
- Engage fully in providing comprehensive credit skills training to all key staff across the network to enhance efficiency and controls as required.
- Conduct daily reconciliation of SAM collection and recovery account
- Preparation of collection and recovery reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining and providing the required information on NPLs, written-off pool, downgraded and restructured SAM accounts.
- Preparation of NPL information required for DCA engagement on a monthly basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Economics /Finance/Business or equivalent
- At least 3 years proven experience preferably in credit MI and reporting role
- Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks
- Proper understanding of new credit impairment models in line with IFRS9 requirement
- Proper knowledge of Bank’s products, policies/ procedures and best practices in the banking industry
- Core Banking System (Flexcube) and computer applications
- Analytical, critical thinking, communication and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY?