Vodacom is a leading and purpose-led African connectivity, digital and financial services company. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our business to include operations in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (the DRC), Mozambique, Lesotho and Kenya.
• To ensure and support all internal divisions in the effective performance of their operational processes related to M-Commerce products and services.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Work with IT, Vodafone and other M-Pesa teams; to support upgrades, M-Pesa configuration changes, Change requests and incidents.
• Work with Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Revenue Assurance & Fraud and any other relevant teams as 2nd line support for business customers or any M-Pesa issue related.
• Able to design M-Pesa Product solution as per Business requirements to implementation.
• Support all M-Pesa projects from Product development team to deliverance.
• Ability to convert ideas into M-Pesa system design to implementation.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by line manager.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Strong Analytical skills – able to assess M-Pesa system issues with quick resolution.
• Meticulous attention to M-Pesa product design.
• Able to work with speed and high level of accuracy towards M-Pesa configurations and tight deadlines.
• Impeccable ethical standards and conduct.
• Customer focussed – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• 2+ years’ experience industry or functional experience.
• Good communication skills with fluency in English & Kiswahili.
• IT background.
• Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.
• Troubleshooting skills –identify issues, root cause, recommend or implement solutions.
• Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
Key performance indicators:
• Accurate and timely implementation of new M-Pesa changes such as Tariffs change and fixes of raised issues.
• Support daily M-Pesa operations – delivery of results and SLAs.