BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based
programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked
the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO
We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited is seeking applications from
competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the
following position below…
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited through its project ’Playful Learning for Young Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early Childhood Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub & Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality and scalable play-based ECD – improving the cognitive, physical, socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from low-income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Child Care-giver
The Childcare giver will provide play learning facilitation and supervision to Day Care Center designated in ECD-BRAC Enterprise Program in liaison with other program staff to ensure that the program’s objectives and results are achieved according to the agreed standards and will be accountable for daily children’s performance, supervision, and the quality of the center on ensuring equitable learning and outcomes for the children.
- Providing care for children aged three to five years.
- Facilitating play learning activities that encourage physical, cognitive, socialemotional and language development of each child regarding the play-based curriculum play activities.
- Utilizing available resources effectively to provide an educationally sound program.
- Adapting the program to the needs of the individual child with concern for his/her interests, special need, talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline as needed.
- Preparing children for pre-primary education.
- Providing updates to parents on children’s behavior and progress.
- Answering parent inquiries.
- Comfort’s children who are homesick or upset.
- Appropriately supervising children while keeping them safe at all the times.
- Observing and monitoring learning, play and other activities.
- Treating each child with dignity and respect.
- Working with other professional staff members to plan and implement activities that carry out the philosophy of the school and accepted early childhood education practices.
- Being respectful and cooperative as a member of a team of professionals.
- Helping each child to become aware of his/her role as an integral member of a group.
- Considering the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Establishing a positive relationship with parents of the children in the center.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- Maintaining a physical environment indoor and outdoor that is inviting and conducive to learning and which lends itself to the teaching of developmentally appropriate activities.
- Being responsible for ensuring a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning, fun, and positive interaction between children.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for each child.
- Promote and ensure child rights-based programming at the center and office level.
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy.
- Ensuring mandatory reporting of child abuse cases in ECD Social Enterprise Program operation.
- Promote and facilitate child rights and gender inclusion based on ECD Social Enterprise programs.
- Ensuring Child Protection Committee at day care center is fully functional.
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Keeping accurate attendance records.
- Keeping the records of learning and play materials received.
- A Diploma or bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from any college recognized by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDEC) Tanzania
- Certifications or training in Early Childhood Development will be an added advantage.
- At least 1-2 years’ practical experience teaching in early years. Have soft skills like teamwork, communication, and flexibility
- Demonstrates patience and compassion.
- Exhibits traits of a responsible and attentive person.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possesses knowledge of proper childcare techniques and early childhood development theory.
- Can apply childhood development theory to everyday activities and curricula.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with young children.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Can think and act quickly on a crisis.
- Possesses knowledge of basic first aid and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively and innovatively when facilitating activities.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses physical and mental stamina required to oversee young children daily.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and certificates through the email to: email@example.com with a subject “Child Care-Giver”
The application deadline is 29.10.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace.