Nkinga is a village and ward in Igunga district in Tabora Region in Tanzania. A Swedish Pentecostal missionary, Pastor Erland Jonsson, and his wife Ester Jonsson came to spread Christianity in Nyawa Kingdom in the mid-1930s. They established the first Pentecostal church in Igunga district and the first dispensary in the area in 1936.
The dispensary grew into a large hospital and was officially declared a hospital in 1960, serving patients from as far as Kigoma and other distant areas. The hospital still serves the region, under the management of missionaries from the Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania and is called the Nkinga Referral Hospital.
Various Job Opportunities at Nkinga Referral Hospital Tabora
Nkinga has many educational institutions, including Nkinga Nursing College, Nkinga Laboratory Institute and Nkinga English Medium School, which are run by the Free Pentecostal Church of Tanzania. Others are Ulaya secondary school and the government-run secondary school for Nkinga. The local primary schools are named Nkinga, Mwazumbi and Njiapanda.