Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property.
JOB TITTLE:Medical Sales Manager
The role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of the medical sales
strategy and grow the medical unit towards the achievement of company’s profitable growth. The
role will report to the Country Sales Manager.
- Prepare and review sales medical plans.
- Create relationship with intermediaries who are strong in medical portfolio to grow Britam’s Insurance Tanzania Ltd medical book.
- Prepare and review monthly visitations plans to existing medical clients.
- Daily coordination and monitoring of the medical sales activities.
- Develop and grow medical portfolio.
- Develop medical sales strategies to tap into the medical market and increase Britam’s Insurance Tanzania Ltd medical market share.
- Achieve medical sales revenue targets as agreed with Country Sales Manager.
- Liaise with underwriting department to ensure all businesses due for renewal are renewed.
- Liaise with underwriting department to ensure the company offers competitive quotes for new business
- Liaise with claims department to ensure the company offers the best claims service.
- Follow up after sales service to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Prepare weekly and monthly medical sales reports.
- Ensure sales promotions are done as per the company’s strategies.
- Ensure 100% collection of premium.
- Report on the Market Intelligence.
- Motivate and ensure team work within the sales team to support the medical sales.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- New business
- Renewal retention
- Revenue from existing and alternative channels
- Accountable to the Country Sales Manager.
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members across the business.
- Britam Insurance Tanzania Ltd customers.
- Insurance sector players.
- Direct Sales Representatives
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (marketing and insurance options preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Dip CII or equivalent qualification)
- 7 years’ experience in sales 3 of which must be in a supervisory level (medical insurance sector preferred)
- A demonstrated track record in managing relationships with teams to ensure sustained business support.
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.
: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
: International Insurance Business
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 August 2021.