TotalEnergies We are the world’s fourth-largest oil and gas company, as well as a major integrated player in the global solar industry. Backed by nearly a century of history we discover, produce, transform, market and distribute energy in a variety of forms, to serve the end customer.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
We are committed to energy that is affordable, reliable and clean, in compliance with the highest safety and environmental standards.Senior Accountant
DAR ES SALAAM-HAILE SELASSIE RD(TZA)
- HSEQ: Respect of the Golden rules and all the HSE rules and standards of TOTAL by all the staff, contractors, customers…
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly and annual report and Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Supervising monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. Preparation of a monthly accrual table. Reconciliation between accruals posted and invoices received.
- Coordinating preparation and review of bank reconciliations
- Becoming the FI key-user in SAP, acting as a FI expert and being able to follow up all the FI problems. Prepare and make internal training to other staffs
- Monitoring adherence to Group accounting procedures
- Assist with annual budgets – mainly OPEX
- Tax administration, by ensuring proper management of all tax obligations (VAT, Withholding taxes, Income Tax, PAYE/SDL, Stamp Duty, City Service Levy)
- Insurance administration, Ensure all insurance matters properly managed i.e. optimization of policies, renewals, periodic declarations, lodging and follow-up of claims
- Assist the Accounting Manager on managing and monitoring the Accounting service, work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintain a high level of accuracy
- Work with group external and internal auditors
- Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Coordinate and perform annual appraisal for accounting staff and establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Providing required support to Credit control team to ensure all postings made in SAP in relation to customers are accurate, assist in resolving credit control issues, this include analyzing provision schedule, accurate receipting in customer accounts and where possible follow on long outstanding debts.
- Adhere to group procedures and timely reporting of treasury positions
- Performance or coordination of any other duty assigned by the Control Manager and Accounting Manager
Context and environment
- To advise management on all aspects of accounting, tax, insurance and human resource management
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in Finance/Accounting/Business Management with emphasis in Accounting –Professional qualified –CPA/ACCA
- 4-5 year prior experience in accounting/financial reporting/Audit areas, experience working with large multinational organisations
- PC proficient and experience with various and large automated accounting system and must have experience with Microsoft excel and word, Interface with SAP core processing or similar system required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to Multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able and be able to thrive in fast – paced work environment
DAR ES SALAAM-MAFUTA RD(TZA)
- Application of Safety Managements Systems.
- Quality Control of products to be within Tanzania quality specifications as per TBS.
- Stock projection: Maintain, monitor and send the stock projection files on a daily basis by 8:30 AM. It consolidates actual and forecast for imports, sales per product (PMS, AGO, IK, JET, HFO,) per location (Dar and other depots). Track changes. Anticipate consequences and actions to be taken to avoid stock out (both SAP and Physical) or over stock.
- SAP receptions and blending-Ensure that all vessels
received/ Blending(HFO 125,IDO and Excellium) are posted in SAP (MIGO)
timely and Correctly as per Outturn in correct plant and correct
location (Zero difference)
- BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI(1,918+ POSTS)
- Preparations of Monthly Requirements of petroleum product file and submit to Supply Manager for review and preparations of Letter after supply Meeting approval as per PBPA format for MD’s approval for onward submission to PBPA
- Monitor, analyze and report monthly product allocation from PBPA for Total (local and transit), major OMCs and Others, and highlight trends. Analyze award results and ullage sharing at each cycle to ensure Total allocation both in local and transit are in line with our requirements
- Ensure that signed (by supplier and PBPA) shipping and supply contracts for each months tenders are received from PBPA and Properly filed
- Product Costing: Responsible for timely and accurately product costing (Vessel cost) and checking correctness of all suppliers and government agencies invoices before payment for TTL for PMS, AGO, IK, JET-A1,IDO, HFO 180 and HFO 125.
- Discharge and MI losses: Closely monitoring and advise the supply manager of Line loss immediately after each Vessel discharge, coordinate with Depot manager and surveyor to ensure that line losses are minimized/Eliminated (less than 0.1%); Receptions/MI Losses Adjustments MEMO preparations and posting in SAP after approval and submit Analysis to Supply Manager each month M+2 showing the Losses and % and recommendations to reduce the losses
- Coordinate Customers orders for approvals after checking Stocks
Balances and Overdue amount and ensure that loading is done on Time by
following up with Depot Team.
- Imports Coordination & Documentation:
- Ensure efficient bulk imports both local and BPS supply process through vessel handling, discharge process and follow up with all third parties; EWURA, PBPA, TPA, TRA hospitality locations (Tipper), Shipping Agents, Inspectors, and other Oil marketers for smooth process at minimal cost
- Responsible for import documents follow up and filing (B/L, COQ, COO, COC (PVOC) PFI, Invoices, Tax Computation & memos, OTR, NOI for Both GTL and Hospitality customers etc.) as legally required by BPS and for stocks reconciliation
- Demurrage: Demurrage estimation for product costing , Preparations of actual demurrage and Analysis and submit to Supply Manager for onward submission to AMO each month by M+5
- Borrow/Loan, Hospitality and third-party stocks postings: Timely and accurately posting of Borrow/Loan , Hospitality Receipts transactions, Line Loss e.t.c. to ensure zero reconciling items
- Product Costing: Ensure timely and accurately PO creation on SAP of all vessels with correct price as per costing build up Platts +premium on awarded PBPA tender and other local costs of each BPS vessel.
- Ullage Planning: all Vessel Receipts for our local and Hospitality Customers, Ullage Planning and Revenue/Cost optimization by coordinate pump over ex Tiper to TTL/GAPCO depot , coordinating all Vessel Receipts v/s Hospitality Customers ullage requests
- Co-ordination with other OMC’s, Stocks team and commercial team to offset product balance available in other depots , anything above 10m3 should be collected from that Depot within Month M+1 from Month of receipt
- Make sure invoices for all suppliers (main and government agencies) Verified and paid and can be tracked easily before due date.
- Ensure That Outturn Reports are correct as per issued DI and actual volumes received in the Depots, if not should be communicated to surveyors and PBPA within Two days from Date of issue of Such Outturn.
- Reporting: ensure timely, reliable and accurate reporting for all activities. Ensure files saving and confidentiality. Add value through regular proposal of file sand topic management improvement
Any Other Job related to your section as may be assigned to you by your superior
Context and environment
- Complex market with various regulations, constrained supply system, numerous OMCs. Imports planned 2-3 months ahead so requiring accurate forecasts.
- Involve interaction with Suppliers and also TRA/PBPA staff during documents processing whereby some are less cooperative
- Correctness of all documents which needs concentration as it involves huge amount of money to be paid.
- Most of the duties are strictly to specific deadline therefore, needs time dedication
- Bachelor Degree in Business related field
- Products knowledge
- Customs procedures on importation