TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacant positions in the Garage and Transport Department.
POST: HEAVY EQUIPMENT AND AGRI TECHNICIAN
Reports to the Heavy Equipment Supervisor.
Core Job Description: Diagnose, technical complex problems and perform repairs of components and systems on Heavy vehicle, earth moving, tractors and5. Agricultural equipment
- Able to identify and list spare parts that are required for the repairs in a spare part catalogue.
- Read & understanding equipment operating & repair manuals and execute the works as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Understanding the hydraulic & electrical schematics, able to diagnose a problem and perform the repairs.
- Perform scheduled & preventive maintenance / repairs as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Diagnose and identify malfunctions, using a computer & other diagnostic tools.
- Fully understanding equipment “system operation” such as power train, engine, transmission, hydraulics, brakes, electrics, and monitoring systems.
- Overhaul and test major components and systems abovementioned.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment accessories and components.
- Properly record and report the details of the job that has been performed to his foreman or supervisor.
- Will be requested as and when required to coach, guide & train mechanics.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Core Competencies: The position holder shall be required to perform the above duties on the following types of equipment:
- Articulated and rigid heavy Tractors above 120HP.
- Earth-moving equipment such as Graders, Crawlers, Excavators, Wheel Loaders and Generators.
- Cane Harvesters and Mobile Cranes.
Degree or Diploma holder in Mechanical, Agro Mechanical Engineering. Or a combination of relevant academic qualifications/Certificate in Mechanical, electrical, Heavy vehicle, Agro Mechanical Engineering. At least 10 years working experience on Heavy Vehicle, earth moving or Tractors as a mechanic + 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Technician on the above type of equipment. Working experiences in industries such as mining, sugar production, tractor, heavy & earth moving equipment dealers recommendable.
POST: MECHANIC (Tractors & Cane Loaders)
Reports to the Foreman Shift.
Core Job Description: Performing maintenance and repairs of systems and components for tractors & cane loaders according to manufacturer’s guideline and supervisor’s instruction
- Read and interpret technical schematic.
- Perform routine, specialized maintenance/repair and scheduled maintenance such as oil & filter changes, lubrications and adjustments.
- Perform component & system repairs such as; engine, transmission, electrical, hydraulic & brake of tractors & cane loaders.
- Review work orders and discuss work with the section Foreman or Supervisor.
- Maintains machine records by recording service, repair and maintain shop equipment’s, tools and work environment in orderly and clean condition.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Skill and ability to perform fault diagnosis.
- Computer literate would be an advantage.
- Ability to speak and write English.
Holder of Government Trade Test Certificate Grade one, two or three. A combination of relevant academic qualifications, holds a valid driving licence, at least 2 years’ working experience in Mechanics.
POST: FOREMAN CIVIL (Inspector)
Reports to the Civil & Rail Engineering Manager
Core Job Description: Perform regular inspection of civil works, building infrastructure and facilities. Act as a quality controller to ensure that the construction works, and repairs are performed in accordance to the specifications & standards. Support the building team to adequately plan & schedule weekly maintenance activities for reported calls.
- Perform scheduled inspections of building infrastructure, houses and facilities, prepare the report & bill of quantities and communicate with the concerned parties.
- Assigning day work to artisans and helpers and follow up the work done on site to ensure that the works assigned are completed and the highest workmanship is achieved.
- Supervising all the Civil Engineering works on various sites.
- Preparing Estimates of materials required for works and control usage on site to ensure that no wastage and theft occurs.
- Taking care of the equipment and tools of work on site and making sure that they are used correctly and efficiently.
- Preparation of work programs for various works under his/her responsibility.
- Reporting any difficulties or technical problems above his level to his/her Supervisor for further solutions.
- Any other related works as would be assigned to him/her by respective supervisors.
- Written and oral communication skills, active listening, problem solving, leadership, analytical and critical thinking, attention to details and dependability abilities.
- Knowledge of use of safety equipment and protective gears.
- Good personnel monitoring and equipment selection abilities.
Holder of Diploma / Full Technician Certificate in Civil Engineering or Facility Management from a recognized Training Institution. A working experience of not less than five years as a foreman in construction of building infrastructure, housing or facilities. Experience as a foreman in the repairs and maintenance of facilities such as; real estate, hotels, apartments will be an advantage. A combination of relevant aca demic qualifications and holds a valid driving license.
POST: WELDER (Trailers, Wagons, Tractor Implements)
Reports to the Trailers and Wagons
Core Job Description: performing welding repairs on tractor implements, wagons, trailers and other heavy Fabricating and welding frame, structure, support & reinforcement plates as per guideline & specifications.
- Reading & understanding welding procedures & instructions before starting a
- Identifying the materials needed for the job.
- Measuring & cutting the material to specification using measuring devices, technical drawing etc.
- Joining & welding the metal parts by using the adequate tools like mig- welding machine, arc welding machine, oxyacetylene torch etc.
- Designing & Fabricating re-enforcement plate to secure the frame.
- Maintaining a record of all the work
- Performing any other related duties as may be
- Knowledge of the properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and welding
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and practices of the
- Skilled in the use of hand tools safely and various
- Knowledge of welding symbols and drawing reading
Form four or standard seven, holders of the Government trade test certificate level two /grade two or level three /grade one. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and At least 4 years working experience as a welder on implements, trailers, wagons and Heavy Vehicle equipment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for these positions. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Human Resources Executive Officer.
P. 0. Box 93.
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
The closing deadline for all applications is 5 August 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”