Restless Development We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization!
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITTLE:Safeguarding and Protecting Coordinator – Tanzania
About the Role.
We are looking for the Safeguarding and Protection Coordinator who is responsible for supporting Restless Development Tanzania’s management to nationalise and fully implement the agency’s global safeguarding policy. The purpose of the role is to ensure that: all staff and volunteers (and, where relevant, partners) are trained and equipped to comply with all aspects of Restless Development’s safeguarding policy and procedures; that Restless Development responds to all safeguarding cases in line with its policy and investigates any safeguarding concern affecting its staff, volunteers or partners; and that Restless Development’s operations across its People, Programmes, Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Research/MEL play their part in raising standards on safeguarding and protection of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, as well as all communities impacted by our operations.
You will be a self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili, the ability to stay calm and focused, excellent people skills, ability to work well under pressure, active listening, ability to be sensitive and understanding.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Minimum (2) years of technical and practical knowledge and experience on child and young people’s safeguarding
● Experience working with young people in Tanzania
● Experience in developing and implementing organizational child protection or safeguarding policies and procedures
● Demonstrated leadership skills, with strong coordination and networking skills.
● Culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate
● Safeguarding experience and knowledge of local context
● Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnership.
● Commitment to Restless development mission and value
● Graduate level degree in social sciences, social work, psychology,
development or relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience
● Fluent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
● Experience in digital safeguarding (e.g. on mobile and social networks)
● A strong personal commitment to the values of Restless Development and the role of young people in the development
● Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
● A strong network of connections within Tanzania and specifically in Dar es Salaam.
● Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills and backgrounds
● Collaborative team player
● Adaptable – able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
● Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills, solution focussed
● Positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
● Experience in working with or managing field based staff at a distance.
How to apply.
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by Monday 14th June, 2021. With the subject line ‘Job Application: Safeguarding and Protecting Coordinator’.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First round interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 16th June 2021. Second round interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 18th June 2021.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE