Job ID: R-15295
Category: Supply Chain
Location: Mufindi, Iringa
Date posted: 05/24/2021
The Safety & Environment Manager has the responsibility for managing safety and environment improvement activities to achieve excellence within all site in Unilever Tea Tanzania. The jobholder works with all operation units and departmental teams to develop the local Safety and Environment Strategy and improvement plans to achieve sustainable Safety, Environment and Health excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Lead deployment of the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the sites to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Initiate and lead safety and occupational risk assessment in the sites and in developing/implementing appropriate measures and controls.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Be -Safe Program and support deployment on the site
- Support rolling out of Unilever safety guidelines and procedures for WCM and ManEx programs (Safety pillar)
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Process Safety Management Program and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment
- Monitor site legal compliance an ensure they meet all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards.
- Work closely with Occupational Health team to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health cases.
- Develop internal crisis committees and safety committee; support site leaders in the country/cluster in serious incident investigation and analysis
- Ensure compliance with safe travel training and reporting requirements
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses and safe behavior observations to provide data for corrective action to maintain a safe working environment.
- Participate in the community of practice of SHE professionals to ensure sharing of best practice and effective communication to and from Group.
- Oversee OS/EPR/SHE PAR reporting in non‐manufacturing within the cluster for accuracy and timeliness
- Develop and deploy internal SHE audits and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
- University degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent industrial experience,
- UK NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety Management or equivalent
- Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
- Excellent knowledge of Unilever Safety and Health Standards
- Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety
- Influencing skills
- Good observation and audit skills
- Experience in Supply Chain operations.
- Manufacturing and/or Engineering experience.
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management.
- Appropriate experience in applying legislation and policies related to Occupational Health and Safety, Healthcare Waste Management and Environmental Health
- Minimum of 8 years of experience implementing safety programmes.
- Working knowledge of a multinational organization is highly recommended.
NOTE: Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Application Timeline: Application must be received by 06th June 2021.