About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T)
providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been
actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources,
personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has
expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a
hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone to community support
through decentralized services, with the overall objective of
implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment
services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the
Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The
program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention
care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the jobs positions below...
Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
Job Title Finance Director
Reports to Executive Director
Location Dar es Salaam
This position oversees HJFMRI Tanzania finance and accounting functions. It directs all departmental activities including providing supportive supervision to finance and accounting staff. The position provides financial-strategic leadership and guidance to department heads and external stakeholders to ensure that HJFMRI (T) financial goals and objectives are met in the most efficient and effective manner possible. The position oversees the development and implementation of key financial models and strategy, departmental annual operational plans, Organizational budgets as well as development and / or review of systems and internal controls (policies and procedures) and ensuring that they are operating effectively. The position oversees the interpretation and implementation of financial concepts for financial planning and control; development and maintenance of complex financial reports to track HJFMRI Tanzania financial indicators.
- Direct the development and implementation of key financial models and strategy, departmental annual operational plans, organizational budgets as well as development and / or review of systems and internal controls and ensuring that they are operating effectively;
- Provide effective oversight of all HJFMRI Tanzania financial planning, accounting and reporting activities as well as policies and processes;
- Oversee the development and / or review, implementation and monitoring of financial risk management plans;
- Direct the design, implementation and maintenance of a functional financial-control environment plan and provide effective oversight in developing and / or reviewing HJFMRI Tanzania financial systems, policies, guidelines, procedures, and tools, as appropriate or needed;
- Ensure that all HJFMRI Tanzania financial and accounting practices are in line with HJFMRI policies, procedures, Tanzanian laws and regulations as well as donor regulations;
- Oversee all HJFMRI Tanzania financial activities including the preparation of budgets and forecasts, short and long term financial plans including annual departmental operational plan;
- Act as a trusted advisor to HJFMRI Tanzania executive leadership team and MHRP; work as a sounding board when key financial decisions are being made;
- Correlate operational and financial data prepared by the Controller to assist HJFMRI Tanzania executive leadership in understanding the financial impact of decisions in real time;
- Provide HJFMRI Tanzania executive leadership with key business and financial insights needed to control and shape the direction of the Program, the WRP (Tanzania);
- Provide HJFMRI Tanzania with strategic leadership in financial management and reporting;
- Direct the provision of support supervision to the finance and accounting staff;
- Direct all financial planning and strategy activities;
- Evaluate and explain the causes of any negative changes that might come up in HJFMRI Tanzania financial indicators, including recommending the corrective actions needed to improve the performance;
- Provide financial direction to meet deliverables during various financial cycles including monthly close, quarterly reviews, forecast cycles and other ad hoc requests;
- In conjunction with other members of HJFMRI, MHRP, HJF HQ ensure that the financial impacts of various business decisions are understood, aligned and communicated;
- Direct the provision of timely, consolidated, accurate, and reliable financial information to enable HJFMRI Tanzania and MHRP leaders to incorporate cost considerations in their decision making;
- Provide effective oversight in conducting financial analysis, preparing reports, metrics and analysis to extract meaningful and strategically important information from financial data including but not limited to project level expense-to-budget reports; carry-forward analysis by department and stakeholder; and reporting including key monthly/quarterly financial information;
- Oversee the monitoring of accounting data accuracy to ensure accurate monthly reporting and proper cost allocation per project and funder;
- Oversee the provision of guidance, capacity building, technical assistance and mentorship to finance and accounting staff in accounting, budget, financial planning and reporting;
- Oversee HJFMRI Tanzania financial and accounting practices to ensure compliance with Tanzania statutory requirements, HJF/MRI policies, guidelines, procedures and donor rules and regulations;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide the highest quality customer service;
- Oversee the undertaking of all audits, including tax audits and checks;
- Oversee the formulation, submission, and defense of the budget to MHRP / HJF HQ and other various funding agencies;
- Oversee the execution of other finance and accounting related roles as directed by the supervisor.
- Degree in finance or accounting; Masters in finance or MBA a plus;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-T) or possess an equivalent certification recognized by NBAA;
- At least ten (10) years’ relevant experience in financial management and reporting, five 5) years of supervisory experience a must;
- Prior PEPFAR experience required; prior DOD, USAID, CDC or other large donor experience a plus;
- Knowledgeable in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Must possess project and business management skills;
- Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Tanzanian regulatory and business environment;
- Knowledge of HJFMRPs strategic goals and objectives as well as corporate strategy;
- Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and accounting software;
- Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment;
- Excellent communication, relationship and interpersonal skills;
- Able to build and maintain sound relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and minimum supervision;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing systems and internal controls.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is 31st May, 2021. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.