Focus Africa Tanzania Focus Africa designs projects with participatory appraisals. What does that mean? Focus Africa staff, most of whom are community members themselves, work with each community to identify what development difficulties they face and what local resources are available to achieve solutions.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Job Tittle:Community Adolescents Officer, Arusha Office
The Community Adolescents Officer will be responsible for developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies and creating gender awareness while developing gender initiatives that would position Focus Africa as a gender friendly environment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Ensure Focus Africa has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
- Develop affirmative action plans that ensures Focus Africa is a leading organization in fulling constitutional requirement in matter of gender representation.
- Ensure Focus Africa has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
- Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in Focus Africa
- Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
- Collect data and maintain database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
- Source external financing for Gender activities and programme
- Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
- Offer advice to management on gender affairs
- Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher diploma in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
- Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming
- Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
JOB TITTLE:Projects Officer, Arusha Office
The Projects Officer will serve as the Focus Africa Regional Focal Point, reporting to the Emergency Response Section (ERS).
Within delegated authority, the Projects Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
•Monitors, analyzes and reports on Operational activities, disaster relief/management or emergency situations for Focus Africa.
•Manages Focus Africa Emergency Response related activities, including organizing and delivery of regional emergency response exercises and training events, oversees and supports the management of teams in the region.
•Partners with other humanitarian agencies to plan and evaluate humanitarian and emergency assistance programmes and help ensure that latest findings, lessons learned, policy guidelines, etc. are incorporated into these activities, including gender-related considerations.
•Assists in the production of appeals for international assistance; ensures the proper use and spending of donor contributions
- A university degree in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field is required.
- A minimum of one year of progressively responsible experience in operations affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area, is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10th June 2021
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. The position is open to African citizens who are legible to work in Tanzania, young women & women living with disability are also encouraged to apply