Job start date is August 2021.
Deadline: 15th May 2021
Morogoro International School (MIS)
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Position: Teachers (British/Cambridge International Education (CIE) Curriculum
Duty Stations: Morogoro, Tanzania.
- Science Teacher
- Primary School class teacher.
- Geography Teacher
- History Teacher
- English Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher
To provide a high level of education to the school’s children and help them learn new ideas and concepts to ensure the students meet the required standards of the Cambridge curriculum syllabus
Reporting To: Head Teacher
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Teacher shall:
- Plan lessons in line with Cambridge curriculum syllabus documents and in accordance with the school policy
- Monitor and record the progress of the students and encourage them to develop and fulfil their academic potential
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, with new resources, and teaching methodologies.
- Attend all assemblies, arrive punctually sit with the students to make sure they maintain high discipline.
- Make sure your students are dressed in proper uniform every morning during homeroom time and other times when deem necessary.
- Develop schemes of work (in collaboration with your HOD and other members of the department)
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes with approved lesson notes.
- Prepare and maintain classroom norms and regulations which inspires the students to learn
- Devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Identify, develop, select and use a range of different teaching and learning resources and equipment
- Use relevant technology and strategies to support the teaching and learning in the classroom
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities within the lesson.
- Prepare homework and class work assignments and assessment tasks in line with school policy.
- Mark work, provide appropriate feedback and maintain records of student progress and development
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to students in a way which will inform their learning.
- Recognise that assessment is on-going and should be carried out continuously
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Fully prepare students for all internal and external examinations
- Research new topics and maintain awareness of developments in the subject especially with regard to published syllabus and other current developments in the UK.
- Be prepared to learn how to use relevant technology to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Be prepared to learn from others and be a lifelong learner
- Manage student’s behaviour in the classroom and throughout the school and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Report to the HOD and Head Teacher when there is an academic/discipline concern or issues.
- Provide support to the HOD and other members of the department in all aspects of curriculum delivery
- Take part in peer assessment – observing and providing feedback to colleagues and Parents.
- Participate in departmental meetings and any whole school events
- Take responsibility for any text books or other teaching resources used within lessons
- Prepare suitable and appropriate emergency lesson Plans which can be used when absent and to monitor their use
- Cover for absent colleagues when required
- Maintain a tidy and well organised classroom and report any damage as appropriate
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings full time.
- Carry out specific allocated duties when you are on duty (T.O.D).
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education in specific subject.
- Added advantage - 3 years’ Experience of Teaching Cambridge International Examination Syllabus is required.
- An ability to offer more than one subject.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
- An energetic, ethical, well disciplined, appropriate dressing code and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable, easy going and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong time management skills.
Original Education certificates must be presented during the interview for shortlisted candidates.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be sent by 15th May 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Other Recruitment Information
ORIGINAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES MUST BE PRESENTED DURING THE INTERVIEW FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.