Call for Application
Applications are hereby invited from qualified Tanzanians to apply for undergraduate and post-graduate programs in various universities offered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for 2021/2022 academic year.
- All admission requirements that apply to Saudi Arabia applicants in higher learning institutions also apply to native and foreign scholarship applicants.
- The following are the necessary conditions that must be met by foreign scholarship applicants:
- Should not be more than 25 years old and not less than 17 years old for undergraduate studies;
- Must be below 30 years old for Master’s Degree and below 35 years old for PhD;
- Should not have received another scholarship offer from a University in Saudi Arabia;
- Certificates and supporting documents must be certified by competent authority specified by the University;
- Should present a certificate of good conduct from the Police department in the applicant’s country;
- Should not have been dismissed from a University in Saudi Arabia;
- Female applicants should have a mahram (guardian), in accordance with the instructions regulating this, provided that the guardian is covered by the scholarship, or has a regular residence, or is on the register of an employer in need of his services;
- A report of medical examination issued by an official medical body;
- Recommendation(s) from institutions, bodies or personalities may be required by the University.
- Financial Benefits for Scholarship beneficiaries
A free non-Saudi Arabic scholarship student will have the following benefits:
- A two-month bonus will be paid for processing allowance upon arrival;
- Health care will be provided for the beneficiary and his/her family members (if they were brought in to reside with him/her);
- A three-month reward for graduation allowance will be paid for shipping books;
- Air travel tickets will be paid as stipulated in the financial regulations of the University;
- Will be provided with adequate accommodation as well as scientific, social, cultural and training care;
- The University will ensure his/her meals; and
- Will enjoy advantages that his/her fellow students receive at the selected University.
- List of Saudi Arabia Public Universities and their websites
The following are the Universities eligible for the scholarship programme.
|1.||Umm Al-Qura University||http://uqu.edu.sa|
|2.||Islamic University of Madinah||http://www.iu.edu.sa|
|3.||Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University||http://www.imamu.edu.sa|
|4.||King Abdulaziz University||http://www.kau.edu.sa|
|5.||King Saud University||http://ksu.edu.sa|
|6.||King Faisal University||http://www.kfu.edu.sa|
|7.||King Khalid University||http://www.kku.edu.sa|
|8.||King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals||http://www.kfupm.edu.sa|
|12.||Princess Nourah Bint Abdul Rahman University||http://www.pnu.edu.sa|
|13.||University of Hail||http://www.uoh.edu.sa|
|14.||University of Tabuk||http://www.ut.edu.sa|
|18.||Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University||http://www.iau.edu.sa|
|19.||Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University||http://www.psau.edu.sa|
|21.||Northern Border University||http://www.nbu.edu.sa|
|23.||University of Bisha||http://www.ub.edu.sa|
|24.||University of Hafr Al Batin||http://www.uohb.edu.sa|
NB: (i) The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia offers scholarships to study in public universities mentioned above in all fields of study except for health specializations.
(ii) There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered scholarships other than the one offered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Application procedure
- Applicants should apply online directly through the website(s) of the Universities listed above. Please note that each University has its own procedures.
- The deadline for the submission of applications varies across the organizing Universities. Strictly adhere to the indicated deadline as per University of your choice.