MeTL Group is a leading economic force in Tanzania with major investments and successful operating companies in key business sectors. … The Group is also committed to ending poverty in Tanzania via the establishment of two bodies: the Mo Dewji Foundation and the Group’s registered non-governmental organisation.
JOB TITTLE:Director of Learning and Development
To lead on the establishment and development of the institute/training centre that is envisioned to offer international/national technical and non-technical higher education courses/ certifications along with customized corporate trainings and seminars taking responsibility for all aspects of project management. The recruit will build and strengthen relationships with all partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities for developing additional long-term strategic partnerships. He/She will work in conjunction with the Director(s) to effectively develop and manage the Institute’s portfolio of relationships, and simultaneously enhance and promote the Institute’s profile, publicising its works, its strengths and its successes to both internal and external stakeholders. The post-holder shall additionally address to corporate’s internal training and draft/execute employee development programs through skill gap analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and execute a detailed project plan that provides a foreseeable future insight to institute’s functioning and viability.
- Identify partners/principals and oversee contract negotiations to strategically establish and expand institute offerings backed by detailed market/demand feasibility.
- Manage and lead overall operations of the institute while implementing operational SOPs for smooth functioning of the institute and its departments confirming to the highest service and delivery standards.
- Design and develop (as required) curriculums/courses/content, batch timings and musters targeting maximum capacity utilization of the financial and human resources.
- Liaison with various stakeholders and associate bodies on periodic bases for routine checks and balances confirming to applicable guidelines.
- Oversee all recruitments for the institute taking responsibility for the professional leadership and operational management of the staff, establishing a framework for continuous improvement to enable members develop their knowledge and skills in line with the mission/vision of the organization.
- Craft and execute various marketing, promotional, publicity, communications and digital technology enabled activities/plans that translates to student enrolments, business generation and brand building.
- Represent the Institute at events and seminars where needed to initiate, develop and manage strategic relationships with outside parties as appropriate.
- Manage the Institute’s monthly budget (in consultation with the Director) projecting and planning expenditure across the activities, ensuring income and expenditure is tracked against targets.
- Manage the process of enrolments, invoicing and cash flow liaising with partners/principals and submit monthly MIS and performance reports for management’s review.
- Adhering to Tanzanian regulatory guidelines/laws, idealize and establish the operating framework of the institute and ensure statutory and non-statutory compliance are met on legal operational and financial fronts beginning from its inception.
- Provide valuable inputs and oversee corporate’s internal training requirements while identifying and assessing needs through job analysis, career paths in consultation with managers/vertical heads. Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices. Manages costs for all programmes, productions, and publications in order to report to management regarding their effectiveness through pre- and post-training evaluations.