TPC Ltd is one of the fast-growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive, and dynamic Tanzanian to fill vacant position in the Field Services Department at Ecosystem Section.
POST: 1. ECOSYSTEM MANAGER (01 Post)
Reports to the Field Services Executive Officer
Core Job Description: To assist the Head of Section in the day-to-day operations, pertaining to three Subsections and various Projects under the Sustainability and Ecosystems Section
- Managing the upkeep and maintenance of garden spaces under Compound responsibility.
- Landscaping and introducing new aesthetic garden features.
- Managing cleanliness of parking areas under Compound responsibility, upkeep, and maintenance of the Golf course.
- Looking after lawns and hedges of top and senior staff in designated residential areas and other Camps
- Collecting and managing green waste from all residential areas and factory and processing at the designated composting sites.
- Weeding areas under Compound responsibility
- Managing Ornamental Plant Nursery, ensuring a wide ranging and adequate stock of ornamental trees and plants.
- Ensuring irrigation and mowing schedules are adhered to or revised where necessary.
- Introducing improvements to the Golf course such as, new practice fairway and green, Improved drainage Jogging/walking trail through forest around Golf course, New tools or implements to maintain the course.
- Monitoring condition of Golf course infrastructure (i.e., irrigation, green holes and flags).
- Managing the upkeep and maintenance areas planted with trees (biomass and endemic tree afforestation areas) and developing suitable plans for biomass production through afforestation.
- Monitoring, upkeep and maintenance of river dike, Managing Ornamental Plant Nursery, ensuring a wide ranging and adequate stock of ornamental trees and plants.
- Managing Afforestation Nursery, ensuring tree seedling supply meets field demand land preparation for afforestation areas.
- Should demonstrate ability to work independently but also as a team member.
- Should have a very good command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Effluent Treatment – Project design in place for construction of wetlands to treat factory effluent.
- Ability to Organic Farm and Land Use Planning
Recognized qualifications in Conservation (Bachelor of Science minimum), Natural Resource Management, Forestry, Agriculture, Land Use Planning or similar. Should hold a valid driving licence. Training or experience in working with GIS and Remote Sensing, surveying equipment, drones and/or farming machinery will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.The closing deadline for all applications is 14 days after the advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391
The deadline for submitting the application is 29 April 2021