Program Assistant – Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
Host entity UNWomen
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills English
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Application deadline 10 March 2021
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Reporting to EVAW/G Program Specialist (Team Leader), the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the Tanzania by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
- Supports the implementation of the EVAWG ongoing programme initiatives, in line with UNDAP II.
- Assists in the development of project documents on EVAWG through research, mapping of existing initiatives and discussions with partners;
- Supports the development of briefing papers and background documents to highlight progress of implementation of the UN Joint Programs in the country;
- Supports the development of project agreements with community-based organizations, regional authorities, other government institutions and civil society organistions;
- Participates in UN Women and other UN agency meetings relevant to the thematic areas of EVAWG and supports development of reports on key points and follow up actions;
- Supports the tracking of partnership agreements, their implementation and adherence by partners to timelines and UN Women standards, rules and regulations;
- Supports the drafting of internal reports and reports to development partners as per reporting requirements and timelines;
- Supports the organisation of meetings and conferences, including compilation of relevant documentation and communication with partners;
- Participates in meetings of UN Women, other UN agencies and development partners, produces reports and contributes to discussions on the advancement of UN Women’s programmatic portfolio in this area;
- Supports review and quality assurance of project partner agreements and monitoring reports and assists in the provision of feedback and comments to partners;
- Supports the development of knowledge products on the Kigoma Joint Programme, highlighting the key successes and lessons learnt;
- Supports the review of financial reports and the provision of inputs and comments to partner organisations as per agreements with UN Women
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in Gender, Development Studies, Community Development or other related fields;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in the areas of EVAW;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Fluency in spoken and written Kiswahili and English (language) are required, and knowledge of advocacy, lobbying and negotiation is an asset;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Volunteer opportunity PDF
Application deadline: 10 March 2021.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!