CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
CRDB JOB OPPORTUNITIES MARCH, 2021We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
Career Opportunities: Head; Government Banking (565)
Requisition ID 565
Responsible to lead initiatives to increase market share of Government Ministries, Institutions, Agencies, Local Government and Non- Government Institutions by ensuring growth of deposits of the Bank, local government accounts, government project accounts and income fee through cross selling of other products of the Bank, in line with the business strategy.
- Review and develop annual business plan for Institutional Clients Unit (Government and Non-Government Institutions) and contribute to the overall business strategy for Corporate Banking Department in line with the Banks’ business strategy.
- Maintain close relationship with Government and non-Government institutions to ensure we obtain first-hand information for growth and retention of business.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with Institutional Clients and develop overall strategies for business development in order to increase the deposit portfolio and Transactional income in line with annual business targets.
- Monitor and review deposit Targets and recommend appropriate interventions to the Head of Government and Institutional Banking to ensure a proper mix of deposits in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Ensure Bank’s visibility to all big events attended by top Government officials.
- Prepare key business periodical reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff and propose for training and development to ensure they align performance with business goals and objectives.
- Prepare Unit Budget as an input to the Department Budget and continuously manage unit expenditures in line with Bank’s strategic focus.
- Support branches in deposit mobilization activities and cross selling of products to ensure growth of deposits and income in line with business strategy.
- Contribute towards the review and enhancement of the investment policy of the Bank to ensure that they align with current business environment and statutory requirements.
- Liaise with all stakeholders i.e, clients, government institutions, the Central Bank and other financial institutions to safe guard the interests of the Bank.
- Preparing and agreeing on an annual budget based on client portfolio.
- Preparing and agreeing on a monthly action plan.
- Maintain database of customers under own supervision.
- Analyse performance reports (monthly work plan, activity report etc).
- Increase Government business as per agreed yearly percentage achievement.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Banking, Commerce or its equivalent, MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years intensive experience in Government Business, practices and regulations for business banking with at least 2 years’ experience in local environment.
- In-depth knowledge of products and services to Institutional Clients.
- Well-informed of the market competitive price in short and long term investments.
- Financial management skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills.
- Project Analysis skills.