EARLY INTERVENTION-RESEARCH CONSULTANT
Position: MANAGING DIRECTOR - TANZANIA.
AMSCO on behalf of client Bank of Africa Tanzania, a retail commercial bank that provides services to multinational companies, mid-size local enterprises, and small retail businesses. The Bank is a member of the Bank of Africa Group, a multinational, Pan African Bank headquartered in Bamako, Mali. The Bank seeks to fill the role of The Managing Director for the Tanzania Subsidiary. Bank of Africa Group.
The Managing Director will be responsible for setting and
executing the overall business strategy for Bank of Africa Tanzania and
translating Board and shareholder mandates to the business and
representing management in the Board. The position ensures that the
Bank meets its strategic objectives.
KEY FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic plans to enhance profitability and shareholder value; · Ensure effective mobilization and utilisation of resources; · Advise the Board on the Bank’s performance;
- Ensure continuous reporting to Bank of Africa Group, and coordinate with other Group entities to achieve the objectives;
- Ensure continuous improvement in quality and value of services and products provided by Bank of Africa;
- Cultivate and encourage a productivity culture that promotes ethical practices and sound corporate governance;
- Establish, direct and manage the bank’s managerial, financial and operational systems, procedures and controls to ensure that they are professional, workable and sustainable so as to enhance shareholder value;
- Provide strategic direction on new investments, business opportunities and change initiatives;
- Nurture the bank’s human resource and ensure appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented; · Relationship management and networking with local and global business partners and stakeholders; and · Provide proactive public relations and enhancing the Bank’s corporate image.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification · Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant Professional qualification
- Over 15 years’ experience in the banking industry with at least 5 years at senior management level · Prior experience in managing a functional level in a large organisation/busy environment. · Adequate knowledge of economic landscape of Tanzania and East Africa.
- Excellent understanding of the different areas of the bank activities: credit risk, corporate credit, treasury and finance; · Ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Ability to drive change;
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people and financial resources, ability to make people work under pressure and meet deadlines; · Excellent interpersonal, management and communication skills;
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements stipulated, send your application to email@example.com quoting the position title on or before Friday 31st March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.