Key Expert 1- Team Leader/ Public Investment Management Specialist DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
Key Expert 1- Team Leader/ Public Investment Management Specialist
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Code: 5635
Capacity Building Programme to Support Public Investment Management in Dodoma, Tanzania
The programme is designed to increase the efficiency in pubic investment management in Tanzania, based on the needs identified by the National Planning Division under Ministry of Finance and Planning.
Key Expert 1- Team Leader/ Public Investment Management Specialist
Qualifications and skills:
Master’s Degree in the field of Business Administration, Government administration, Economics or Finance;
Excellent communication skills in English.
Good people management skills, able to lead and motivate a team to deliver the required results.
General professional experience:
At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in the area of
public financial management, especially in public investment management;
More than 10 years of experience working at the national/executive government level, extensive expertise in public sector strengthening, strategic planning, financial management, and/or human and institutional capacity building.
Specific professional experience:
At least 5 years of experience as Team Leader of complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
Demonstrated experience in public investment planning, allocation and implementation;
Prior experience in working with government agencies and/or PPP on options to strengthen further the management of public funds;
Minimum 3 years of working experience in East Africa
JOB TITLE: EHS COORDINATOR
SALARY EXPECTATION: CONFIDENTIAL (AS PER THE BLY SCALE)
LOCATION: BULYANHULU KAHAMA
Boart Long year Tanzania Limited is a company involved in providing drilling services, drilling equipment and performance tooling for mining, and drilling to companies. The company’s drilling site is in Msalala district, Shinyanga region where the company’s operations are carried out with prospects in other areas of the lake zone.
SUMMARY OF THE POST:
Under the supervision of the Occupational Safety Auditor, the Coordinator assists in maintaining high safety, health, and environmental standards at all Boart longyear Tanzania Ltd sites which includes drill sites, camps, laydowns, workshops, and accommodation facilities. The position encompasses inspections, audits, training, investigations and advisory/ and representative tasks. The EHS Coordinator works in direct support of operations and includes surface and underground visits, day, and night.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The employee’s duties, without limitation, consist of:
- Advising on requirements to minimize safety risks
- Develop and implement EHS policies (e.g., Accident reporting process)
- Conduct Accident Investigations
- Encourage standardisation of safety policies
- Keep records of safety incidents and propose corrective measures
- Organize and conduct EHS training plans
- Work with site managers and supervisors to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Draft and send various reports
- Liaison and reporting to official regulators on EHS issues
- Proven experience as a safety coordinator or in-depth knowledge of EHS guidelines and practices (in the mining sector)
- Experience in reporting and policy development
- Experience in implementing EHS training programs
- MS Office Master’s
- Excellent communication and advisory skills
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- Perfectly Bilingual (Swahili and English)
- Nebosh Certificates and or Bachelor’s Degree Environmental Health and Safety
- OSHA Qualifications
- Current First Aid/Advanced First Aid Certificates
- Lead Implementer or Auditor in ISO 14001 and/or 45001
- Other EHS qualifications pertinent to mining or construction
- Candidates with the required skills stated above are highly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only cover letter and CV are required. CV for Application should be endorsed by 3 referees.
If you have experience such above such experience in drilling services industry and share our Teamwork, Integrity, Health and Safety and Customer Focus values send your CV to: Recruitment.EastAfrica@boartlongyear.com
Deadline for submitting applications is Saturday 20th February 2021
AccountantEDI Global (Tanzania) Limited is a leading research and data collection company based in Tanzania and operating from its’ Head Office in Bukoba with a satellite office in Dar Es Salaam.
We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for an Accountant based at our offices in Bukoba.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Accountant is responsible for carrying out the following company accounting functions:
- Enter data carefully into QuickBooks;
- Accurately prepare various accounts reports as and when required;
- Prepare payments and effect payments correctly through physical and /or electronic methods e.g. iBanking, M Pesa, etc;
- Maintain responsibly for the company’s general cash book;
- Make copies and scans of financial and accounts documents;
- Conduct field finance audits in accordance with company procedures;
- Accounting Records: Ensure, through the regular auditing and careful monitoring of the Accounts Team, that all accounting records are fully up to date and accurate including both electronic records (QuickBooks etc) and supporting paper documents;
- Payroll: Ensure that the payroll is carefully and accurately prepared each month and that all salaries are paid by the last working day of each month with the correct bookings being made into QuickBooks;
- Non-tax Statutory Payments: Ensure that all non-tax statutory remittances are accurately calculated and remittances are made timely to respective authorities / institutions. These include social security contributions, Workers Compensation Fund contribution, Staff HELSB Loans Board deductions;
- Taxation: Ensuring that full and accurate company tax reports are prepared and submitted to the TRA on or prior to TRA deadlines and that tax payments are made to TRA on or prior to the legally prescribed time frames. This includes such taxes such as PAYE, SDL, VAT, Withholding taxes and any other tax types;
- Imprest Accounts: Ensure that all imprest accounts are accurately and well recorded, timely retired and correctly reconciled;
- Pre-payment Checks: Check that procedures and processes are followed prior to finalisation of payments in accordance with company standards;
- Bank Accounts: Ensure that bank reconciliations are properly done by the fifth working day of the following month and reported to the Line Manager;
- Training and Support: Train new employees on the management of EDI Global funds & assets and the maintenance of other financial standards;
- Internal and External Auditing: Prior to and during audits, prepare all required documentation and cooperate with the external auditors throughout the audit exercise;
- Expenditure Forecast: Ensure that the monthly funds request (MFR) is accurately prepared and implemented timely and updates to the same are made as necessary;
- Insurance: Checking that all office equipment, staff and vehicles are insured and insurance claims for lost/stolen office equipment are processed timely;
- Account Receivable Management and Invoicing: In liaison with Project Team Leaders; ensure that invoices are submitted to clients in a timely manner. Carry out subsequent follow up with the client to ensure that invoices are paid within 30 days of the date of invoicing;
- Invoicing: Raise invoices to clients correctly based on the invoice schedules and process through the EFD machine; and,
- Control Accounts: Make sure the control accounts on the balance sheet are reconciled on a monthly basis.
In addition, the Accountant will undertake any other related task assigned by the Finance Manager or a Director.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Holder of a Bachelors degree in accounting/finance with appreciable (3 – 5 years) work experience in a similar role;
- Holder of the CPA (T) certificate or equivalent or at least at an advanced stage towards obtaining CPA status is an added advantage;
- Experience of using accounting packages, as well as MS Office;
- Experience with dealing with multiple foreign currency transactions such as USD and GBP;
- Experience with maintaining inter-company accounts for companies within a group;
- Ability to work with the competing deadlines and keen attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to take the initiative and the complete work of the highest quality in a timely manner;
- Experience of the Tanzanian tax and regulatory environment; and,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to both
- work in a team and develop other team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their CV (no more than 3 pages) together with a 1 page covering letter explaining why they are suited to the job. A current passport sized photo should also be attached. The documents should be sent to BukobaAccountantApps@edi-global.com.
Applications should be received no later than Friday 5th March, 2021 before 4:00pm. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
In the email subject field please enter your name and name of the post you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted