Head of Collections and Recovery
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Position: Head of Collections and Recovery
Department: Collections and Recovery
Head of Collections and Recovery is a Head of Collections and Recovery unit. She/he deals with collections of all loans up to 180 days and recovery of overdue assets above 180 days of FINCA Microfinance Bank (FINCA). She/he shall be responsible for management and supervision of the entire process of collections and recovering of delinquent assets which includes but not limited to recovering the overdue credit facility extended to borrowers in individual and group loan categories, current and former FINCA employees, overdraft beyond agreed period, uncollected cash overdue from disposed physical assets (equipment, furniture and fittings), and any other past due contractual assets. The Head of Collections and Recovery takes an active role in the collections and recovery leadership team and ensure that any management information they produce is accurate, relevant and to the required timelines.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all FINCA collections and recoveries and formulate, review and amend the Collections and Recovery Policy and Procedures from time to time;
- Coordinate and ensure Head Office Arrears Committees take place in accordance with FINCA procedures;
- Work closely, mentor and supervise, Recovery and Collections Call Center Team Leaders in support of Call Center Manager;
- Work closely, mentor and supervise, Recovery and Collections teams in the branches to ensure all collection and recovery activities within their areas are done on time and as per laid down procedures;
- Monitor and report on arrangements made with late payers/debtors for outstanding debts to ensure collection agents are properly engaged; their contracts reviewed and updated or terminated from time to time.
- Provide weekly reports/updates to the Chief Executive Officer on issues affecting collections and recovery of overdue assets of FINCA. He/she will always maintain loans written off records including the pledged securities and plans their full recovery as early as possible;
- Monitor the work and conduct of collection and recovery agents to ensuring they are working per the signed agreements and any breach thereof should immediately be noticed and reported and appropriate legal action taken against them. He/she shall make sure all recoveries from successful conducted auctions are directly deposited into FINCA accounts immediately;
- Plans and communicates appropriate collections and recovery action and refer matters to external debt collection agents where necessary. Liaise with external debt collection and recovery agents regarding overdue assets until finalized. Reconcile outstanding overdue assets and raise associated costs in regard to collection and recovery actions;
- Recommend overdue assets that require to be written off and changes and continual improvement to debt collections and recovery procedures to ensure a fair and equitable approach;
- Prepare and issue correspondence in relation to debt collections and recovery proceedings. Provide advice to late payers to help negotiate a reduction in any amounts owing;
- Investigation and allocation of unidentified and lost payments;
- Participate in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of the FINCA Tanzania business and operations. These may include assisting them to identify genuine securities, legal implications of illegal collections and recoveries, fraud etc.
- To work closely with legal department and make follow up of all court cases arise from collections and recovery processes to provide feedback and update to the executive management;
- To keep and safeguard all collaterals failed to be sold during recovery auctions; and
- Perform all other duties assigned to him/her by Chief Executive Officer or a person acting in that position.
- Manage own performance and take responsibility for self-development in line with Company objectives and to enhance your business and interpersonal expertise;
- Improved technical and/or interpersonal skills;
- Developed knowledge of Microfinance loan products and services, especially group loans;
- Full participation in team process improvement discussions;
- Improve personal competencies and technical skills through continuous learning;
- Keep abreast of developments and issues in the credit risk and financial services industry;
- Represent FINCA as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador of the Company;
- Attend and participate in team meetings;
- Recognize opportunities for continuous improvement to business processes and procedures; and
- Contribute to the Collections and Recovery team best practices, strategy and overall development of the team.
- Soft Collections Officers, Hard Collections Officers and Field Recovery Officers – Branch staff;
- Collections Call Center Agents and Recovery Call Center Agents – Head Office staff.
- Chief Executive Officer;
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer;
- Heads of Departments;
- Call Center Manager;
- Soft and Hard Collections Officers;
- Field Recovery Officers;
- Reporting Analysts.
Head of Collections and Recovery Skills and Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of all types of matters related to the operations of the microfinance banking;
- Ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively;
- Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact; spot potential conflict, bring disagreements into the open, encourage debate and open discussion and orchestrate win-win situations;
- Able to deal with debtors with the appropriate sensitivity to their circumstances;
- Establish and maintain excellent customer service;
- Understanding of legal processes relating to debt collections and recovery;
- Strong relationship building and diplomatic interpersonal skills with sensitivity to the emotional, attitudinal and political aspects of the corporate life;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent decision-making abilities;
- Be able to put extra work hours.
1. Have a Post graduate diploma or Degree from a recognized University in any discipline of study;
2. Understanding of legal processes in relation to debt collections and recovery;
3. Understanding of credit policies and procedures;
4. At least 3 years working experience in a law firm or a Commercial Organization.
1. Flexible attitude to responsibilities and work hours.
2. Demonstrate a tolerance and understanding of the cultural diversity within the community.
3. Work in accordance with the principles of equity, access and fairness.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please send your application letter and CV to TZ_Recruitment@finca.co.tz
Deadline for sending applications is February 07, 2021.