JOB OPPOETUNITY AT GAS ENTEC CO LTD
PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF 1200 PASSENGER FERRY SHIP
DESIGNATION: Crane Operator (1 POST)
PLACE OF WORK: MWANZA
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Responsible for Crane Operation and maintenance Inspecting equipment, structures,
or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Servicing,
repairing, adjusting, and testing machines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Operating Cran
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, or placing loads.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Direct helpers engaged in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs, as necessary.
- Load or unload bundles from trucks, blocks, or move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Review daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
- Inspect bundle packaging for conformance to regulations or customer requirements, and remove and batch packaging tickets.
- Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays and cover, uncover, or secure loads for delivery.
- Technical certificate of Crane operation above 200 tones
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant experience as a crane operators
- Crane operation certificate certified by OSHA is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems..
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a
- Machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
- Weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of
- Potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CVS
- Certified copies of academics and professionals certificates
- Driving licenses
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following Mail address
Human Resource & ManagementDEADLINE 05th February, 2021
GAS ENTEC Company Limited,