JOB VACANCY – ADVERTISEMENT
COORDINATOR – EAST AFRICA PROSECUTORS’ FORUM ON WILDLIFE AND RELATED CRIMES
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade specialists, in alliance with WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) and IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is seeking a Project Coordinator to support the running of a regional forum for wildlife prosecutors in East Africa.
TRAFFIC implements a diverse portfolio of work funded by a variety of donors in the government and private sector. The role of the Coordinator will be to support the President and Secretariat of the East African Association of Prosecutors in operationalizing the Association’s newly created website to organising virtual or blended workshops for Association members on subject areas such as anti-corruption, wildlife forensics, harmonization of wildlife laws, money laundering and cooperation in combatting transnational crime.
Specific Responsibilities and duties:
- Working with the Legal Officer of TRAFFIC East Africa and secretariat of the East Africa Association of Prosecutors, and liaising with the offices of national prosecutions in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, organise and facilitate a physical or virtual workshop, targeting members of the prosecution and judiciary services from each country.
- Collect and analyse data secured from Prosecutors’ offices on court decisions related to wildlife crimes across East Africa, and upload to WILDLEX, an IUCN hosted database.
- Provide content and update the EAAP website on a regular basis.
- Prepare contracts with third party suppliers and consultants; supervise their work to ensure deliverables are met according to agreed quality standards and arrange for timely payment of supplier invoices.
- Manage and account for financial expenditures in the implementation of project activities.
- Support quarterly progress project reports (narrative) and work with TRAFFIC East Africa’s finance staff to ensure the timely preparation of financial information/spends for quarterly and end of project donor reporting.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities related to the project.
- Respond to donor requests for ad-hoc information and attend meetings as required to support the project with partners, Government agencies or to attend regional workshops, and;
- Other relevant support as required by the Director of East Africa office.
- Must be eligible to live and work in Tanzania, and to travel within East Africa region (e.g. Uganda, Kenya);
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice;
- A minimum of five years relevant experience of working in a project management capacity; covering administration, budgeting, financial reporting and contracting;
- Experience in event management a definite advantage;
- Must be fluent in written and oral English;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with strong spread sheet skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong organisational ability;
- A good team player, used to meeting tight deadlines and working under pressure; and also willing to work on own initiative;
- Have an interest in wildlife conservation; and
- Depending on national and regional circumstances, be willing to travel in the region which may require occasional periods of up to one week away from home
Applications must include a cover letter, along with a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to TRAFFIC East Africa via email to: email@example.com by midnight Tanzania time, 28 February 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The interviews will take place over Skype and/or in person in Dar es Salaam or Arusha, Tanzania.