Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT
Direct Reports: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Location: NDUTA CAMP
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
Desirable 2 years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
Desirable: Management experience
English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to be evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
- In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
- High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to:
– Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your mail will be: PROJECT COORDINATOR SUPPORT – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 11/01/2021
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.