Senior Exploration Geologist
Barrick Gold Corporation seeks to employ a Geologist to work with the Exploration Department across our operations in Tanzania. This role reports to the Exploration Manager. The role holder will be accountable to execute the exploration programs, provide leadership, strategy and systems that delivers optimal evaluation and development of potential resources in our existing mines (North Mara, Buly and Buzwagi) and regional targets.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
addition of more ounces of gold to inventory and Mineral Resource
through discovery of additional resources around mines and via
Brownfield programs utilizing efficient and effective budgets. Ensure on
time delivery of geological inputs into Mine Planning and Operations
functions. Assist as required in programs to develop geological skills
for future operations.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six (6) weeks on and three (3) weeks off.
- Ensure Exploration Department members and associated contractors had Zero LTIs. Increased focus on reporting and investigation of high potential incidents.
- Immediate stoppage of unsafe behaviors. Proactive in sending safety messages, safety alerts, interactions with teams and participating in safety meetings. FLRA conducted at all work places without fail.
- To execute the exploration programs, including but not limited to mapping, soil sampling, drill rig supervision, core logging, manage field logistics, collect geological data, and evaluate results on a daily basis in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Be proactive in approaching and building teamwork with Department Team Members
- Provide a high level of mentoring to the team members and ensure are being developed to their best for future roles
- High degree of interaction with other leaders (removing silos between teams)
- Participate in program planning to ensure that programs are designed considering alternative options, costs, target rankings (and are in line with Life of Mine strategy)
- Participate in review of Brownfields targets and rankings, and development of staged evaluation programs
- Develop detailed documentation to justify proposed exploration programs in order to support Capital applications and Budgets
- Participate in reducing overall exploration costs through effective management, option analysis, minimizing delay times, control of consumables etc.
- Ensure optimal drilling schedule is adhered to and deliver priority targets in timely manner
- Ensure drilling programs are managed to deliver datasets for Mineral Resource updates in line with the Mine Planning cycle. The incumbent will also be required to evaluate sections maps and plans for the drilling programs. Ensuring high quality synthesis maps and presentation are established on all key projects with a focus of geological context in time.
- Increased focus on technical development of geoscientists Technical Reports completed on schedule
- Help in technical development of geoscientists; identify high performers and align for advancement
- Ensure continuous improvement processes with Project Geology to deliver improved quality of geological inputs and supervision of brownfield exploration activities
- Ensure data capture is subjected to rigorous quality control
- Ensure lithological and structure wireframes / models are continually updated with new data.
- Develop and manage initiatives to deliver cost improvements in areas of responsibility;
- Ensure working in corruption free environment
- Zero Reputational damaging incidents;
- Brownfields opportunities are reviewed / updated, ranked and staged programs defined, scheduled and cost accounted. Justification presented to Exploration Manager for consideration. Drilling programs progressing as planned in a safe manner with holes drilled and logged at planned cost. Progress and results are communicated to management in timely fashion.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Member of the SEG or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in geology (preferably geology exploration)
- Experience in managing exploration data/drilling programs
- Hands on experience in field work, exploration data and drilling programs.
- Knowledge in geology software (ArcGIS, datamine, micromine, leapfrog, Surpac, Vulcan software
- Project management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Business improvement tools
- Practical hands-on mapping, sampling and logging skills.
- Team Leadership
- The role will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com before 02/05/2021.
Barrick Gold Corporation has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management and offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
The deadline for submitting the application is 05th February, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com