Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people can choose their own paths forward.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and including maternal and newborn health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC and PORALG Pathfinder is currently in the process of supporting expansion comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is seeking for a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced expert to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible in provision of technical support to other relevant projects in the country. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors.
Technical Advisor SRHR Services
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Technical Advisor shall manage the full project lifecycle from initiation through analysis and
development to organization-wide rollout and training.
Ensures the success of the project by putting in place sound project and
program management practices. Creates and executes project work plans
and reports, manages project staff, and budgets, monitors and evaluates
outcomes for on-time delivery. Works with a multi-disciplinary team and
serves as the Pathfinder spokesperson on behalf of the project to
promote the project goals, achievements, and strengths to key
Key Job Outcomes:
- Project Work Plans and Execution: Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Enforces project standards. Ensures all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Project Status Reports: Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures. Submits regular status project reports. Addresses issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Project Budget: Manages project budget. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses regularly. Manages and reports budget to actual variance on hours and cost
- Project Meetings: Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the project and organization. Communicates relevant project information to project leads. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Communicates difficult/sensitive information. Facilitates team meetings.
- Project Schedules: Manages the project schedule and schedules for Pathfinder staff related to the project. Plans and schedules to align resources and deliverables. Serves as the primary point of contact for exceptions and rescheduling.
- Staff Development: Trains other team members using train the trainer approach. Approves team members’ time and expense reports. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and design SRHR and ISS & CB projects and services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
- Partner Management: Manages day-to-day partner interactions.
- Country Specific Public Health System: Advanced knowledge of the countries’ public health systems and SRH programs.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and System Strengthening and Capacity Building (SSCB). Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities funded by different donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Proposal Development: Advanced skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Advanced skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Advanced knowledge of operations and project financial oversight Presentation Skills: Ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters
- Master’s degree in public health, community development, marketing, social sciences or related discipline.
- Medical background, Doctor of Medicine degree, Degree in Midwifery
- Demonstrated experience implementing large scale projects delivering SRHR services including FP and Comprehensive Post abortion care (cPAC) is needed.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in international development organizations implementing sexual and reproductive health programs,
- Prefer: Experience with programs implemented by multiple partners
- Prefer: Experience in project design, planning and management
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on February 05th, 2021.
Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniafirstname.lastname@example.org stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Category: Finance
Requisition Number: FINAN01095
Posted: January 28, 2021
LOCATION (16 Duty Stations): Watertown, MA, Washington DC, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, Togo, or Uganda.
The Financial Planning Analyst supports Pathfinder’s annual budgeting process and forecasting, prepares and distributes financial reports to senior leadership and the Board of Directors, and analyzes monthly financial results for variances.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Monthly Spending Review, Analysis and Reports: Monitors and analyzes the organization’s monthly spending performance against budget and conducts ongoing meetings with necessary staff to review results. Highlights, tracks and reports unforeseen spending patterns and considerable deviations from operating budget. Coordinates with departments and country offices regarding financial questions, issues and resolution. Prepares trend analysis reports, tracking expenditures by category, function, and country.
- Annual Budget Planning and Forecasting: Supports in the compilation, review and maintenance of the annual operating budgets and quarterly forecasts. Partner with cost center managers and country offices in developing their budget and forecasts. Manages data in the budget and forecasting software, Adaptive Planning. Coordinates budget trainings for any new budget owner staff.
- Technical Support: Assists in establishing streamlined policies and procedures for financial planning activities. Supports the design, implementation, management and monitoring of financial planning systems and workflow processes and procedures.
- Financial Modeling: Develops financial models and analyzes data to support management in decision making, including analysis of revenue projections and staffing levels.
- Financial Reporting: Prepares and updates monthly financial reporting packages for key stakeholders. Assists with the development and monthly updating of financial dashboards using Microsoft Power BI. Creates ad-hoc reports based on external requests. Assists with creating financial presentations for senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Administrative: Manage incoming operating spending requests from submission to approval and monitor spending against approved requests. Support external audits by providing assistance with preparing required reports and responses to auditors.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
- Financial Planning: Advanced knowledge of and ability to prepare functional and programmatic budgets, preferably for an NGO or non-profit organization.
- Financial Reporting and Variance Analysis: Proven ability to develop and present required financial reports, identifying and explaining significant variances.
- Financial Tools: Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge. Experience with a cloud-based financial planning system such as Adaptive Planning. Previous experience with financial accounting systems. Experience using a financial reporting and consolidation system is preferable.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Proven consultative and diagnostic skills. Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Language: Proven ability to write and speak using English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise. Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Proven ability to respond quickly to requestors’ needs.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in a finance or accounting role which required financial analysis
- Prefer: 1-2 years of experience in financial planning, budgeting and analysis.
- Travel required (less than 10%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)